KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fun place to work

Aug 9, 2022 - Cashier in East Palo Alto, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to work, coworkers are nice, supervisors are helpful.

Cons

Nothing I can think of

Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great

Sep 1, 2022 - Strapper in Bakersfield, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Low stress, simple, fun, great environment, busy

Cons

When it’s slow it’s so boring. You just walk around in circles

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Very good company with good intentions, but sometimes misses the mark

Aug 30, 2022 - Interior Design Coworker in Miami, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work culture, work/life balance, benefits and very accepting. I adored my department and manager and left the company due to moving. My role helped me refine my project management skills and the social tact involved working with others to meet a common goal.

Cons

It was very obvious to see the politics at play as a coworker between managers, who played favorites with schedules for other departments or who even played favorites overall on getting tasks done for anyone doing a project. This also plays a role in climbing up, not entirely but when you need recommendations for any sort of leadership role there is an awareness that someone else is getting a head start just because. There was also the issue of short staffing overall since our store was not meeting goals, with it being very hard to ignore the turnover when our roles were asked to do much more with the same amount of time. It wasn't hard to feel like you were just another cog in the machine due to the issues and that your concerns weren't a high priority. It is also very rare to climb out of store level as those positions are very coveted, so it at times feels like a retail job with just a little flair.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about IKEA.

IKEA Careers

Cover image for IKEA

We believe your work is so much more than a job. Just like your home is more than a house. At IKEA, we work to make a better everyday...More

• Career Growth