IM Flash Technologies - Run away as fast as you can | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for IM Flash Technologies

"Run away as fast as you can"

Former Employee - Equipment Technician in Lehi, UT
Former Employee - Equipment Technician in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The benifits are ok the pay is ok for Utah county

Cons

They laid off good people and they can claim all they want that the layoff was not aged based but facts are facts. When they let people go you were given a list that showed the ages of everyone in the plant and those that were being laid off the average age of older people sure showed a pattern of age dicrimination . The management only wants to hire and keep young people at the plant due to the fact that the younger people have more to lose than an older person. That way management can inflict their wills on the younger people cause they are afraid to question management's often silly reasoning. Don't plan on getting promoted past a certain tech or engineering level unless you are a part of the in circle in the department. Management places fear into people and have no regard for the employees. The way management approaches people,the attitude of management is do it because I said so. I actually had a Manger top level mind you . That told all his reports you are just lucky to even have jobs. That is the whole philosophy of management and it gets relays down to the supervisors. If management has it in for you they will do whatever they can to see you fail so they can get rid of you. In the 15 years I worked there I saw a lot of people fired cause a manager did not like them.

Advice to Management

Grow up and don't micromanage everthing that you Lord over

IM Flash Technologies Response

Feb 28, 2017 – Marketing and Communications

We're sorry to hear of your experience while you were at IM Flash. If the behavior of your manager was as you described, that's not in keeping with what we would expect to see at IM Flash. Thank you... More

Other Employee Reviews for IM Flash Technologies

"Bring you in with the benefits, keep you there because it's a job"

Current Employee - Process Technician in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Process Technician in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits are good.
    401k match 5%, HSA healthcare plan and other options available, Life insurance, Dental, vision.
    Night, weekend differential on hourly pay.
    I got a relocation package when I joined the company which was great coming out of college. They helped set me up with the whole process of buying my house.
    Two bonuses per year (depending on company performance)
    System for sending $10 gift cards to coworkers to show appreciation.
    3-4 days off per week

Cons

Rotating schedule every 4 months of days/nights.

Vacation and sick time are in one bank. If you somehow were never sick and didn't work a holiday or take triple time on the holiday, you would have 20 shifts off. 1 per month worked and then 6 recognized holidays.
    If you don't schedule your days off ahead of time then you get an occurrence for it. 5 occurrences per 6 month period. I earned my TOP time. If I have it, I should be able to use it whenever I want.

12 hour shifts are long and full of monotonous, boring work.
    3-4 shift per week, which means more days off in a row, but the job isn't worth it.
    No fulfillment to see results of the work you put in.

Moving up or around is very difficult. They use a system where you have to put in tons of hours of overtime to fill out a document full of a list of necessary tasks which will take a long time to achieve. The document is very vague, and requires things which you have to go out of your way to be able to even start on. Without that document completed, you cannot move up in your position. PRA (position readiness assessment)

They will higher new graduates (with engineering (specifically) degrees only) as engineers instead of the people who have worked there for years and know far more about the process than the new hires will in a year of working.

They'll bring you in with the benefits and it'll sound great to work at but it will fade within the first few months.

Advice to Management

Do away with the PRA promotion policy. There are much better ways to gauge whether someone is excelling in the job role. The PRA is demotivating for the amount of pay it'll increase compared to the amount of time needed to be put into it.

Practice what you preach and promote the people who have worked so hard for several years into the engineer positions instead of only new hires.

Make it so it's a permanent choice between days or nights. Some people want to work days and some want to work nights. Other semiconductor companies have that and are still successful.

"Program Manager"

Former Employee - Engineer
    Former Employee - Engineer

Pros

Salary is above average for the area but on par for the semiconductor industry. They have good bonus program. Seem to be success oriented. Benefits are above average.

Manager seemed to genuinely care about career advancement and had a plan in place but once it was presented to a management level above that person the bureaucracy took over and rather than a common sense look at skills and progress it became an exercise in document formatting...so silly!

Co-workers were great!

Cons

Work environment is antiquated both in physical facilities and management style. *Extremely* rigid work schedule even for "first" shift. There is a "flextime" policy is in place but it isn't real. It isn't really flextime at all. It is laughable. It is M-F 8-5 or they really look down on you.

All workers have the same work space which is a tiny 2x6 plank "desk" in a very noisy and crowded bull-pen. There is no attempt to improve personal work space for those that need to focus and concentrate. Pretty bad.

PCs are antiquated and it is almost impossible to get an "upgrade". For a high tech company it seems odd that most of their equipment is from original inception (circa 2006)...they are a leading producer of SSDs and DRAM but use competitor's HDDs almost exclusively in their equipment and memory in the PCs...you're lucky to get 4GB...go figure that one out!

Parent companies are often at odds as to production priorities. Huh?