IM Flash Technologies - Only come here if you truly hate yourself | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for IM Flash Technologies

"Only come here if you truly hate yourself"

Current Employee - Equipment Technician (7 Years) in Lehi, UT
Current Employee - Equipment Technician (7 Years) in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Paid Time Off Accrual Program

Cons

Every time I pull into the parking lot at work before start of shift, I'm hopeful that some crazy, disgruntled employee will take me out as I walk through the doors to go into the building so I won't have to endure another minute of the painful BS rhetoric.

Advice to Management

Stop over complicating things. Improve safety and moral by getting rid of the alternating shifts. Get rid of the PRAF, hire leaders with the experience and ability to use their core values to know their people and make promotions. If you can't find those people internally (there's your sign), start making the changes necessary to get those people in place! Stop using threatening statements and scenarios, "there's no such thing as ""honest mistakes"", only mistakes."

Feb 28, 2017 – Marketing and Communications

You've expressed some alarming concerns about your work experience here. It also sounds like you're having serious problems with your leadership. If you haven't already, we encourage you to talk... More

Other Employee Reviews for IM Flash Technologies

"Run away as fast as you can"

Former Employee - Equipment Technician in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Equipment Technician in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The benifits are ok the pay is ok for Utah county

Cons

They laid off good people and they can claim all they want that the layoff was not aged based but facts are facts. When they let people go you were given a list that showed the ages of everyone in the plant and those that were being laid off the average age of older people sure showed a pattern of age dicrimination . The management only wants to hire and keep young people at the plant due to the fact that the younger people have more to lose than an older person. That way management can inflict their wills on the younger people cause they are afraid to question management's often silly reasoning. Don't plan on getting promoted past a certain tech or engineering level unless you are a part of the in circle in the department. Management places fear into people and have no regard for the employees. The way management approaches people,the attitude of management is do it because I said so. I actually had a Manger top level mind you . That told all his reports you are just lucky to even have jobs. That is the whole philosophy of management and it gets relays down to the supervisors. If management has it in for you they will do whatever they can to see you fail so they can get rid of you. In the 15 years I worked there I saw a lot of people fired cause a manager did not like them.

Advice to Management

Grow up and don't micromanage everthing that you Lord over

Feb 28, 2017 – Marketing and Communications

We're sorry to hear of your experience while you were at IM Flash. If the behavior of your manager was as you described, that's not in keeping with what we would expect to see at IM Flash. Thank you... More

"A Bunch of Micro Managers"

Former Employee - Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Engineer in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time

Pros

When I started it was exciting to work on leading edge technology and most of the people seem to be nice who were not in management. As time passed I started to realize that it was a facade. That in reality it was a sweat shop of oppression.

Cons

Management micromanages their people as if they are incapable of managing their own life and time. This is laughable because most of the employees are college educated engineers that have not achieved the level they are at without being able to take responsibility. What is more laughable is that the constant review to make sure everyone is working on site at least 40 hours is leading to less productivity because people get very good at looking busy and wasting time. This cultural behavior is brought on by the work environment with the open seating without any cube walls and the fact that you had to scan both into and out of the site creating a log of your time on site. This is in contrast to companies like Intel were the management just gives a lot of work a lets people manage their own time to get the projects done and you never scan to get out of the buildings.
    Example: The management chain I was in required that you be on site by 8 am and not leave earlier than 5 pm. If you were late or if you needed to leave early, say for a doctor’s appointment, you had to tell your manager beforehand for their approval and it could not be for more than 2 hours. If it was say 4 hours it was not acceptable for you to flex your time to accommodate, say come in early and leave early or stay late. Instead you were required to use you vacation time for the absence. So let’s say you worked 10 hours on Monday and 10 on Tuesday, those extra 4 hours did not count toward the absence on Wednesday.
    Another Example: I ask once if it would be ok if I left once per week at 4:45 on Thursday to transport one of my kids to an activity. My manager told me that this was not acceptable because someone could schedule a meeting from 4 to 5. The rest of the time I worked at IM Flash no one ever scheduled a meeting from 4 to 5 on Thursday. There was no work life balance or accommodation.
    The result of this policy was counterproductive. People would work the minimum or just above the 40 hours on average to make sure they would not have other issues but they would not work the long hours like other places because there was no benefit.
    Final example: HR said the management could not pull anyone persons time log but they got around this by pulling everyone in a group. I know for a fact that a co-worker was put on a performance improvement plan because one week they only have 39.5 hours logged to the site. What was not taken into count was the time he was working remotely from home because this time is not tracked. In reality he had close to 50 hours in. As part of the PIP he had to show his manager his time log for the next 3 months proving he was on site 40+ hours. This person quit the next year and found a better and higher paying job.
    These are only a few examples of life at IM Flash. Most people live and work in fear at IM Flash and because of this there are quick to throw people under the bus. Managers will take credit for work the people under them have done. If you question management of make any waves you will be drummed out. Do one of two things with IM Flash: save yourself the stress and choose another place to work, or work and plan your exit within 5 years to go to a place the values your experience and will not lord over you. Also bring head phones, it gets very noisy from all the people talking in the big open office.

Advice to Management

I have nothing nice to say to the management. la la la la la la la la la la la

Feb 28, 2017 – Marketing and Communications

We're sorry to hear that you felt this way about your time at IM Flash. We have forwarded your comments to HR and to Fab leadership for consideration.