IM Flash Technologies - It's sad | Glassdoor

"It's sad"

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I can't say what the pros are of working there anymore since I left long before the layoffs. One has only to look at the rating trend chart to see what's going on and where this JV is headed, though.

Cons

It truly saddens me to see the recent comments on what's happening there. We built a great place to work and when Todd Matthews, Rod Morgan, Dave Bagley and Jason Dunn were there, the Core Values were stressed in every single thing we did. That was when we could legitimately call it Leadership. I have to chuckle at the HR responses on here because they're not trustworthy; personable, friendly and great to hang around but not proactive with issues as witnessed by the comments here. Business Partners did nothing but tell your manager whatever you told them and not follow up to see if any action had been taken. Taking complaints or issues to them simply put you in hot water with your management. There is OBVIOUSLY a broken system for promotions, or lack of, that has been pointed out for over a decade yet remains unfixed because it's simply not a priority for management. The Photo group is a glaring example of a lack of true leadership: the "stepping stone" Section Manager position has changed hands multiple times without a Photo person being moved up into it. That clearly shows that the outgoing SM did not groom and prepare his own team to be next in line which is something that should have been reviewed and been a part of their ability to leave the position. Then, management committed the sin we said we'd never do: create layer upon layer upon layer of managers (again, not leaders...) and they had no choice but to move, what appeared to be, random people, whether qualified or not, into the open roles. As was typical, friends took care of friends and filled the new positions and created the animosity that we see in the comments here. There was a time when this was a phenomenal place to work, and I'm so glad to have been there at that time, but it's been on a steady decline over the past 5-6 years. It really is sad. It's clear, too, that no one had the foresight to prepare for the fallout of the layoffs since a month later, and ever since, you've been continuously looking for employees. Layoffs are always the writing on the wall and the remaining people will start looking for greener pastures.

Advice to Management

I don't know. If management isn't learning from the comments on this board and taking action then there's no point in wasting the space. The advice I can offer prospective employees is to know going into it that it is a job, not career, get what you can from it and move on. There's a lot to be learned if you take advantage of the opportunities but be out for you and take what you need from the positions you get. No one is going to look out for you and your career and help make things happen. Advice to HR, a major part of your review score, and management, should be turnover rate. It's simply ignored or, lacking true leadership, no one wants to address it. The funniest comment I got when I left was from the Business Partner, "We know there's a real bad turnover problem in that group but we don't know what to do about it." Listen. Listen to what the employees that are quitting are telling you and correct the issues (aka, do what HR is supposed to do).

Other Employee Reviews for IM Flash Technologies

"Only come here if you truly hate yourself"

Current Employee - Equipment Technician (7 Years) in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Equipment Technician (7 Years) in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Paid Time Off Accrual Program

Cons

Every time I pull into the parking lot at work before start of shift, I'm hopeful that some crazy, disgruntled employee will take me out as I walk through the doors to go into the building so I won't have to endure another minute of the painful BS rhetoric.

Advice to Management

Stop over complicating things. Improve safety and moral by getting rid of the alternating shifts. Get rid of the PRAF, hire leaders with the experience and ability to use their core values to know their people and make promotions. If you can't find those people internally (there's your sign), start making the changes necessary to get those people in place! Stop using threatening statements and scenarios, "there's no such thing as ""honest mistakes"", only mistakes."

IM Flash Technologies Response

Feb 28, 2017 – Marketing and Communications

You've expressed some alarming concerns about your work experience here. It also sounds like you're having serious problems with your leadership. If you haven't already, we encourage you to talk... More

"Run away as fast as you can"

Former Employee - Equipment Technician in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Equipment Technician in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The benifits are ok the pay is ok for Utah county

Cons

They laid off good people and they can claim all they want that the layoff was not aged based but facts are facts. When they let people go you were given a list that showed the ages of everyone in the plant and those that were being laid off the average age of older people sure showed a pattern of age dicrimination . The management only wants to hire and keep young people at the plant due to the fact that the younger people have more to lose than an older person. That way management can inflict their wills on the younger people cause they are afraid to question management's often silly reasoning. Don't plan on getting promoted past a certain tech or engineering level unless you are a part of the in circle in the department. Management places fear into people and have no regard for the employees. The way management approaches people,the attitude of management is do it because I said so. I actually had a Manger top level mind you . That told all his reports you are just lucky to even have jobs. That is the whole philosophy of management and it gets relays down to the supervisors. If management has it in for you they will do whatever they can to see you fail so they can get rid of you. In the 15 years I worked there I saw a lot of people fired cause a manager did not like them.

Advice to Management

Grow up and don't micromanage everthing that you Lord over

IM Flash Technologies Response

Feb 28, 2017 – Marketing and Communications

We're sorry to hear of your experience while you were at IM Flash. If the behavior of your manager was as you described, that's not in keeping with what we would expect to see at IM Flash. Thank you... More