IMC Trading - Amazing Internship Experience | Glassdoor
  1. "Amazing Internship Experience"

Software Developer Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at IMC Trading

Pros

Free catered lunch, extremely smart coworkers, happy hour every Friday, good hours, fun events every week, very nice free corporate housing. I loved the collaborative culture at IMC and learned a lot at the fast paced environment. Everyone was very friendly and I learned a lot, there was a strong focus on letting us enjoy the summer while learning a lot! Definitely the opposite of the typical long hours and... extremely cutthroat financial firm feel that I expected. I spent around 40 to 50 hours a week at work which is a very solid work life balance.

Cons

Very smart colleagues requires you to put out your best work. Expect to go through a lot of code reviews before your code is up to par and can be pushed into production (very fast production cycle).

IMC Trading2017-01-03

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Very good place to work"

Current Intern - Intern - Monthly in Chicago, IL

I have been working at IMC Trading for less than a year

Pros

The firm and its people really care about your work and happinesss and set you up to do very good work that makes a difference in the company

Cons

The reputation is not at the top of the industry

Advice to Management

None

IMC Trading2019-07-06

"Amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Quantitative Trader in Chicago, IL

I have been working at IMC Trading full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing company to work for! Competent managers and emphasis on technology and automation. Open and collaborative culture, with amazing benefits and perks. Great compensation, and awesome location inside the Willis Tower. Feedback-oriented culture is helpful for personal growth. I joined from another company in the industry, and it’s so much better here. Surrounded by the brightest minds in the industry. ... Traineeship is global, so you get to travel to Amsterdam and Sydney for training, all expenses paid. Amazing experience!

Cons

There really aren’t any that come to mind.

Advice to Management

Keep up the openness and transparency. More social events outside the office would be nice, the 30th anniversary party was amazing!

IMC Trading2019-05-23

Discover more reviews about IMC Trading.