IMR Test Labs - Needs help in the management department. Only a few managers have the guts to give feedback and to let people go. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for IMR Test Labs

"Needs help in the management department. Only a few managers have the guts to give feedback and to let people go."

Current Employee - Technician in Ithaca, NY

Pros

The people that work here are very friendly for the most part, they have free coffee and free donuts on friday. Sometimes they buy everyone lunch. The business appears to be growing well.

Cons

No care about how employees feel. They are stingy with salaries and the management can't decide what values are important at any given time. Much of the time, you work your butt off and still get beat up for not getting enough work done. Not very tolerant of any mistakes so most folks here always play it safe.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people. Have an employee survey even if you don't want to hear the news. Your workers are overworked and unhappy. Take some risks and try to build a culture.

Other Employee Reviews for IMR Test Labs

"We've answering to our Stockholders!"

Current Employee - Technician in Ithaca, NY

I have been working at IMR Test Labs full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Free Coffee and Tea in the break room, at least for now. That could be going away soon as well looking over the new corporate rules.

Cons

About 70% of the valuable employees have left since the purchase by CW. We no longer have in house HR or Payroll, those items are now handled either on-line or with an 800 number. All of the qualified managers have left and have been replaced with people who have great technical skills, but no management skills.

Low pay and raises that are well below cost of living.

Advice to Management

I once worked for a man who said if your not having fun at work get out of here and find something that is fun. IMR used to be fun and we had a great time getting work done. That's not the case any longer, what can be done to turn this trend around.

2. "Great co-workers. Horrible management."

Former Employee - Marketing Specialist in Lansing, NY
    Former Employee - Marketing Specialist in Lansing, NY

I worked at IMR Test Labs full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Co-workers were great. Made a lot of friends because it is a small company.

Cons

Horrible management. A lot of VPs for a small company.