IMTT - [Bayonne Terminal] I used to hear a lot of guys complain about working at IMTT, I never understood their complaints. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for IMTT

"[Bayonne Terminal] I used to hear a lot of guys complain about working at IMTT, I never understood their complaints."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bayonne, NJ
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bayonne, NJ

I worked at IMTT full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very fair wages, good benefits, and most of the people are friendly. IMTT paid bonuses, gave away gifts and food during the holidays. They have an excellent uniform program, a good cafeteria and professional environment.

Cons

This could be a pro or con - LOTS of overtime. It's the nature of the oil business; you're married to it. It's a 24/7 365 day per year operation and you're expected to be available for most of it.

Advice to Management

Your traffic dept. (at least in bayonne bulk oil)should be a landing spot for some of the old-timers, and not new people who don't know the plant.

Other Employee Reviews for IMTT

1. "EH&S Manager"

I have been working at IMTT full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Continual growth and advancement.

Cons

Buy out and poor new management

Advice to Management

Care for your employees and treat them well.

"Employee"

I have been working at IMTT full-time

Pros

You can do well if you have a relative or friend who has a high position in the company or if you are willing to screw over hard workers.

Cons

Sexist, racist, elitest.
    Management is clueless and the company is horribly out of touch with modern business practices.
    Nothing has changed since being purchased except accelerated promotion of yes men.

Advice to Management

Stop focusing on time clocks for hard workers and put your management in line. You have the saddest bunch of managers that I have ever seen in my life. Start over, you are worse at getting things done than the government.