IMTT - [Bayonne Terminal] I used to hear a lot of guys complain about working at IMTT, I never understood their complaints. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for IMTT

"[Bayonne Terminal] I used to hear a lot of guys complain about working at IMTT, I never understood their complaints."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bayonne, NJ
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bayonne, NJ

I worked at IMTT full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very fair wages, good benefits, and most of the people are friendly. IMTT paid bonuses, gave away gifts and food during the holidays. They have an excellent uniform program, a good cafeteria and professional environment.

Cons

This could be a pro or con - LOTS of overtime. It's the nature of the oil business; you're married to it. It's a 24/7 365 day per year operation and you're expected to be available for most of it.

Advice to Management

Your traffic dept. (at least in bayonne bulk oil)should be a landing spot for some of the old-timers, and not new people who don't know the plant.

Other Employee Reviews for IMTT

1. "Great environment to work in"

Pros

Quality people to work with

Cons

None I can think of

2. "Don’t bother"

Current Employee - Terminal Operator in Bayonne, NJ
    Current Employee - Terminal Operator in Bayonne, NJ

I have been working at IMTT full-time

Pros

The job is interesting. The opportunity to move throughout the company is a plus.

Cons

Unqualified management, they are bleeding every cent out of the company. It used to be the place to work, but now it’s disaster waiting to happen.

Advice to Management

Sell the terminal to a company that knows how to run a liquid terminal operation. Stop bleeding the entire workforce just to fatten your Wall Street pockets!!!! Sad for the workers sad for the city of Bayonne.