ING - Not bad, not great - a somewhat bland experience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ING

"Not bad, not great - a somewhat bland experience"

Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Brussels (Belgium)
Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Brussels (Belgium)

Pros

Good name on a CV, I have had oportunities afterwards because people (in lesser industries) are somewhat impressed. Big company woldwide, opportunity to travel / live abroad (as I have). Great benefits once you get to the senior level. I have also seen senior people who travelled a lot throughout their career and had the chance to do something different every couple of years, ie go from corporate banking to real estate to cash management, and they seem to appreciate that - it's not something you can necessarily do everywhere.

Cons

Bureaucracy. Company is too big, no sense of urgency.

Advice to Management

More training. Pay those who work hard better. Brighten up the dull work environment.

Other Employee Reviews for ING

1. "Best student job ever!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Cardiff, Wales (UK)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Pros

I worked as a part-time Customer Service Associate in the Cardiff call centre when I was a student. There was an awesome working environment--nearly everyone was cheerful and friendly all the time, the team leaders worked really hard to make sure everyone felt valued and had incentives to work hard, benefits were very good and the pay was about 50% more than similar jobs. The training was ongoing and very comprehensive, and it was easy to contact management staff in case of queries or problems. I really don't think you could beat it for a part-time job at uni.

Cons

The minimum part-time hours were 15/week, which is quite a lot to do alongside a degree. I'd suggest quitting early in your final year at uni to preserve your sanity and not get too stressed. Hours were slightly less flexible than you'd expect from a similar job, but not unreasonably so. When I left at the end of 2006, a lot of extra products were being offered but the staff hadn't been increased significantly, so it got very busy and hectic; I don't know if this has now been rectified.

Advice to Management

Make sure you have enough people manning the phones; otherwise, great job!

2. "ING Direct, Its their money there saving"

Former Employee - Engineer in Reading, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Engineer in Reading, England (UK)

Pros

The IT department has a massive budget. Large investment is given to the infrastructure and gives the opportunity to play with the latest technology. The IT Department is held in good esteam.

Cons

Staff are allowed to grow and take on challenges, but often hung out to dry and not given the support they need to help with the new challenges. There is a lack of recognition when things go wrong, often focusing on the negative. There is confusion around the benefits package having some benefits removed from some teams and given to others. Some of the benefits advertised are only available to select departments, such as the nine day fortnight.

Advice to Management

More understanding of the pressures that some of the IT support staff face would help correctly aline resourcing and time scales for projects rather than try to over deliver and place staff under enormous strain. If the staff are over delivering then recognition could be more forth coming.