INTERNATIONAL DESIGN SERVICES - Document Clerk | Glassdoor

"Document Clerk"

Current Employee - College Teacher in Defiance, MO
Current Employee - College Teacher in Defiance, MO

Pros

Nice place to work, good working environment

Cons

Workers are dedicated, well developed facilties

Advice to Management

More Benfits for Employees

Other Employee Reviews for INTERNATIONAL DESIGN SERVICES

1. "Always Evolving"

I have been working at INTERNATIONAL DESIGN SERVICES full-time

Pros

-There have been really great changes in 2016 for benefits. I feel like they have tried to add more benefits for the employees over the years to show they do care for our well-being but they have really stepped it up in 2016.
    -If you need off for any reason, they are always willing to accommodate and work with you. I have never been told no before. They have even let me leave early and come back to finish my shift, and if there is enough work, you could possibly make up your missed time.
    -My direct boss is always willing to listen and help me on any issue I am having.
    -Friendly co-workers, family type atmosphere since our home base is smaller.
    -We have several events to connect with each other outside of work that are sponsored by IDS.

Cons

-Maternity Leave is only two weeks paid, and that is not a lot time to spend with your new born.
    -Better training program for incoming employees, especially for the project managers.

Advice to Management

-Compliment more on a job well done. I love to complimented and I feel like I only know I am doing a good job when my annual review comes around.
    -Need more patience in certain situations, just because a task seems easy, doesn't mean it is.

2. "Hands-down the worst job I've ever had"

Pros

Limited Health care benefits
    Limited personal/vacation time

Cons

Low morale
    Lack of recognition/acknowledgement
    Gender disparities
    Tense, unstable, and occasionally hostile work environment
    Complete lack of direction, no corporate mission
    Confusing corporate structure, no training or orientation pertaining to corporate structure

Advice to Management

Nail down your mission. Figure out your corporate identity. Take care of your employees. There is no excuse for not providing better health care benefits to your employees. Administrative staff should be paid a living wage. You should not be able to look at a company photo and be able to guess who is a project manager and who is an admin by what gender they are. Staff should feel appreciated and acknowledged for their work, not in constant fear that they will be fired within the week.

INTERNATIONAL DESIGN SERVICES Response

Dec 2, 2015 – CFO & HR Manager

IDS strives to treat all its employees with respect and equality regardless of gender. In fact, we currently have both male and female employees in administrative/document control roles, as well as... More