IOActive - Great being part of the pirate crew | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for IOActive

"Great being part of the pirate crew"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at IOActive full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Even though I work from home, I like being part of such a smart and tight team. I learn from others all the time and get to work on exciting consulting and research projects. Cesar does a great job getting everyone research time too. Plus who can resist the Freakshow?

Cons

Gotta keep sharp to keep up with the hardcore clients. Not sure if this a pro or con but it's not for the weak!

Other Employee Reviews for IOActive

"Incredible place to grow your career and your skill set."

Current Employee - Human Resources in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Seattle, WA

I have been working at IOActive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm coming up on the completion of my first year at IOActive, and I couldn't be happier. When I started I was inexperienced and quite new to the professional world. I'd worked in a variety of industries and honestly had no idea what to expect from IOActive. I rapidly realized that this was an environment filled with highly intelligent, driven people, who all care about and are good at their jobs. Not only that, but they have been endlessly patient with me, and are always willing to take the time to mentor or show me how to do something new. As I have demonstrated my abilities, I have been recognized, and given increasing responsibilities, all in line with my expressed interests and career goals. If you work hard here, and do a good job, it doesn't go unnoticed.

This review may seem overly positive, but I have honestly been blown away by this company, and especially my coworkers.

Cons

There is definitely a demanding work load and high level of organization required to succeed here. Being a small company, you must be prepared to take on multiple roles, and to always be flexible in your position. While some may view this as a "con", I also feel that it is an excellent reason to work here.

You also need to know when to turn off work for the day. I was told early on that there will always be more work than can get done in a day, and that I need to be comfortable with letting some things wait for tomorrow. This has been valuable advice, and quite true.

Advice to Management

Please maintain the open communication and availability that has been present for me in my first year. The moments that I get with Jennifer, or other members of senior management, are always very valuable, and teach me something new every time we interact. The recognition, and obvious care for employees goes a long way to make IOActive the healthy work environment that it is.

"An Interesting and Fun Place to Work"

I have been working at IOActive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Three characteristics make IOActive an interesting and often fun place to work: 1. The deep knowledge and broad experience of the security consultants; 2. The ability to do silicon-layer security research which AFAIK is unmatched outside of government, and 3. A family feel to the place. This is NOT the cookie-cutter grind mill stable of security consultants that some other companies are.

Cons

As a small company, IOActive must continue to improve on the core business processes that will make it truly world class.