IPC Healthcare - Excellent learning experience! | Glassdoor

"Excellent learning experience!"

Pros

Learned alot of Internal Medicine and Geriatrics.

Cons

Twenty four hours a day on call seven days a week was exhausting.

Advice to Management

Decrease the amount of on call hours.

IPC Healthcare Response

Aug 3, 2015 – IPC Healthcare Employee Advocate

Thank you for sharing your feedback. IPC Healthcare is committed to continuous improvement, and we thank you for providing this review.

Other Employee Reviews for IPC Healthcare

"Bullies...if they want you out, they will go to great lengths and they WILL get you out!"

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in North Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in North Hollywood, CA

I worked at IPC Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

and when you question "anything"...out you go! Especially when they were going PUBLIC on the Stock Exchange...they made sure they fired ME!
    FAST and QUICK...get her out!
    ....take a closer look, Ms. SEC President!

Cons

The Call Center did not have enough REAL Nurses to follow up with Patient Discharge Questions...who even cared?
    This is their BIG SELLING POINT to Investors...haha.
    One RN for paperwork and ONE full time LVN for the entire Company Nationwide in this CALL CENTER?
    When the LVN was sick or on vacation, ...what do you think IPC did?
    The rest were Call Center Representatives with little or no medical background.....and IPC was PAID by the State of CA to hire their many "welfare to work" peeps with no/little medical background for this important call center.

Advice to Management

Tell the truth to our Public, to the SEC and to your Investors.
    Stop taking all of that money to spend on yourselves.
    Be honest and forthcoming when questioned.
    HIRE MORE NURSES for your CALL CENTER Staffing. Patients lives are at stake here.
    Many Patients told me that they did NOT understand the Hospitaists...they could NOT understand them!
    Hire qualified Staff for your Nationwide Call Center.
    Your California PHYSICIAN Job Fairs/Retreats should include telling the whole truth to future Hospitalists whom you court...
    Recruiting Doctors from third world countries and from outside of the USA and Canada, whom Patients cannot understand while in the hospitals?? Of course, these doctors will come since YOU are their SPONSOR to come to the greatest country of all!

2. "Started in an Entry Level Position and Now I Have a Very Rewarding Career with IPC"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Hollywood, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Hollywood, CA

I have been working at IPC Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

IPC offers opportunities for growth, friendly atmosphere, flexible schedules that allows employee's to have a life balance, great benefits (including health, dental, vision & retirement plans), and overall good contributions to the healthcare profession. Working with our providers is a pleasure and rewarding on a daily basis.

Cons

Our biggest struggle is capturing and sharing data effectively. As the company continues to grow so rapidly, sharing information to all parties concerned is becoming more difficult because we have so many employees and new practices that it’s impossible to know them all.

Advice to Management

N/A