IRI - You work here for the flexiblity, not the money, leadership, or development. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for IRI

"You work here for the flexiblity, not the money, leadership, or development."

Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at IRI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extremely flexible work environment, very diverse backgrounds which encourages collaboration

Cons

Poor people and career development programs, very silo'ed organization, very in-organic company that does little progressing / promoting of current employees--most people were brought into the company at their current role so the best way to move up is to leave and come back at a higher level

Advice to Management

Make our strategies for career and people development consistent with our corporate goals and strategies. Do we want to replicate the "develop our talent bench" models of our CPG clients? Or the more structured "weed-out" progression path of some of our consulting peers? Or that of a technology company? Or purely a traditional salesforce? Right now we're a hybrid, and not one which represents the benefits of each but rather the cons of each.

Other Employee Reviews for IRI

1. "Love the culture in the finance group"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at IRI full-time

Pros

People are great. I really like everyone I work with...from Client Service to corporate functions.

Cons

Good luck getting a raise in salary. Recently they deferred increases for a year...let's see what I'll actually get this year. Also the finance/accounting group has a very flat structure and the people in the higher levels have been in the same role for many roles. The opportunities to move up are extremely limited.

Advice to Management

Overall, I love the culture of this place. After working in large corporations, this feels like a family. However, not sure how far that will take you with limited growth and no pay increases.

2. "Strong player in the business and good learning opportunity"

Former Employee - Vice President in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Vice President in Chicago, IL

I worked at IRI part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Given freedom to develop, grow and learn.
    Opportunity to work with very smart and motivated team members
    The work is challenging and very satisfying and you have plenty of opportunity to add value

Cons

Lack of clear delineation of roles and responsibilities
    Appears that some departments tend to compete with each other for the same business. The offerings add value but are not clearly differentiated. Need to have a much stronger sales team

Advice to Management

Build on the great value proposition that you can offer