IRI - Could be great, but still need to address lots of things | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for IRI

"Could be great, but still need to address lots of things"

Pros

-Worklife Balance
-Some great co-workers who are very intelligent, engaged and love what they do
-Exciting industry with some great clients
-Base Pay I feel is good
-Enjoy the day to day of the job
-Feel proud to work for this company
-Like the new management team and the strategic plan for where they are taking IRI

Cons

-Lots of technology issues plague the organization
-High turnover, particularly on the client facing side
-Benefits are atrocious.
-Very high insurance payouts
-Only 3 weeks of vacation for your first 8 years
-401k match is very low. Only 25% matching up to 6 percent, so only a 1.5% match.
-50% of your bonus pay-out is in "options" not cash. So you don't see any payout until if and when GMC sells the company or we go public.

For example, at many of our clients or at other vendors which do similar types of work the benefits are far superior. (Pension plans, or 5 weeks of vacation and 6% 401k match at a place like dunnhumby or one of the ad agencies.) People like the work here, but when they see far superior pay-outs and benefits elsewhere that's why we have sooo many people are constantly leaving.

Advice to Management

Address the poor benefits or people will continue to leave for better options at clients or other vendors.

Other Employee Reviews for IRI

"No growth, low salary, awesome colleagues, good work/life balance"

Current Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at IRI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work life balance if you are in the right team.
    Colleagues are very nice and helpful but that depends on your team I guess.
    The new CEO is trying which is a good first step.

Cons

There is almost zero growth and people in general do not seem to be driven to be innovative.
    There is very little room for doing anything new because everyone seems to be very old school. The new strategy plans to change this. Hoping for the best!
    Salary hikes are a joke. I actually laughed at the hike. It was like literally giving a can of peanuts.

Advice to Management

If you want to grow and increase profits, hire ambitious, innovative and driven employees. The company seems to offer really low salaries and zero growth to employees and the hiring process in turn gets not so driven people - Why would they be for that salary!? Smart people tend to be just lazy here.

"Not what I expected"

I worked at IRI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The new CEO, Andrew Appel is the best thing that's happened to IRi in a long time. The work is interesting with always something to learn, if you're willing to apply yourself.

Cons

Employees are unwilling to share information with new folks as that's their only job security. Management hasn't figured out how to make their budget numbers without twice a year layoffs. The performance review process changes every year but the underlying idea of sitting down with a person and talking about their goals and aspirations still seems foreign to both the management team and HR.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to take a hard look at the people that work for the company today and recognize how smart and talented they are. Stop hiring so many people from the outside and start to promote from within. That will go a long way towards improving the morale across all the teams.