ISA-ATX - Great for gaining experience or moving up fast. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ISA-ATX

"Great for gaining experience or moving up fast."

Current Employee - Management Training Program in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Management Training Program in Austin, TX

I have been working at ISA-ATX full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can get some great experience if you want to work hard. They train you from the ground up on the basics of how to manage a team and run a branch office. That is the goal with them because they are expanding so fast. I saw people get promoted with the first month of being there. This is the kind of place that your get out of it what you put into it. If your ambitious and driven you can make a name for yourself fast. I'm 32 and have been around the block before so I always look at the big picture. I went in for an interview that was short and to the point and two days later was called offered a second round interview to see exactly what promotions they run. I shadowed a manager. When finally offered the position I agreed to join the company and have not had any regrets. We have a lot of UT, Texas Tech, and Texas A&M grads that work here so there is always a nice friendly competition. Last week they did a Competition and I won a $400 Asus tablet. The stability of the company is what I love most because I can write my own paycheck and never look back.

Cons

Hard work and ambition with a desire to move up fast and you'll be rewarded. If not, don't bother applying here.

Advice to Management

Hire people that really want an opportunity to grow.

Other Employee Reviews for ISA-ATX

"Expanding by leaps and bounds"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at ISA-ATX full-time

Pros

ISA-ATX is growing. We just opened a new location across from the Domain in Austin. Our goal is to double in size this year again. We have opened a ton of locations and are looking for a few more good people to join our team.

Cons

Work hard and play hard

Advice to Management

Keep up the expansion

"pay attention to what the job is"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at ISA-ATX full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

there are possibilities to make a lot of money and get experience doing something that you really need to be more qualified for, which is running a business. The energy is usually high but its overdone.

Cons

They are good at making you think you are doing more than you really are before getting to run an office. The problem is, if a company has to sell you the business more than you have to sell yourself, you should think twice. big problem is they really try to catch people right out of college and the way the hiring works, they make you think you are one of a kind by saying "I think I would really like to get you for another interview, how about you go meet one of my 'managers' at one of the stores today." but in reality they do that to 90% of the applicants they bring in for a first interview. its a bit of a trick, but it fools people trying to have a job set up right out of college so you end up taking it. if you have time I would not advise going for this unless you just love sales, and even then just go do insurance or something. there are no benefits ever, no actual salaries. all money that comes to the office only comes from the commissions from selling the product (granted the customer installs) that are sent to the office from DirtecTV, then the manager decides how to have his/her pay rate that they have to think up. so they have it set up where you have a base (which was only $350 weekly) and then $100 each time a customer that you signed up installs the service (and yes you get screwed on that a lot and the manager will say it is because you didnt sell it correctly). a big problem though is that it is a DRAW and a CLAW BACK. so you dont get the 350 plus commisions, it is whatever is higher, and even worse any weeks you dont get commissions over the 350 you get a little pool of debt to the manager that you must pay back as you sell, so basically there is zero trust in anyone they hire to sell anything. that is why they hire so many and there is such a high turnover rate. so again if you totally love sales and people will buy something from you for what feels like no reason, as well ass sitting in a Best Buy or CostCo bugging customers about TV service (just think when they ask you if you heard about there event what you respond with), and being in an industry where if you got in a car wreck and were incapacitated for 2 weeks your financing would be screwed because there is no job stability, then this is for you. Without discriminating, this type of job is for older people who got kicked out of there own industry because of one reason or another, and people who were living on the street. which is mainly what the people that stay there are. most the people who have degrees (like myself) and are highly skilled and qualified can definitely get a more stable job than this.

Advice to Management

Just be straight forward, tell them that there are selling a product in order to open an office to train people to sell a product. it is not that difficult to just be honest. Stop trying to sugar coat things because you know how shifty this business can be. You know it is a shifty business that you can make a large amount of money quickly, so just tell like it is, because it will still attract those sales guys from AT-T and other door to door jobs. Don't butter it up by saying you are holding events at retailers, because they are not events, you are in there everyday, and none of the deals are only that day, or even that week. the dates are on the laminates, and each deal lasted about 3 months each. so just tell them they are salesmen training to manage other salesmen.