IT Alliance Group - Great for a steady job that isn't too demanding or stressful, working with reasonable people, just don't stay too long. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for IT Alliance Group

"Great for a steady job that isn't too demanding or stressful, working with reasonable people, just don't stay too long."

Current Employee - Support Engineer in Sheffield, England (UK)
Current Employee - Support Engineer in Sheffield, England (UK)

I have been working at IT Alliance Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I found more free time in my role than I would find in many other positions, I used this to invest in my own training. Social opportunities were good, teams tend to be young, (20's and 30's) and the company encourages social events, sometimes pays for these events. The role wasn't too demanding, and staff are not micro managed.

Cons

Very poor training or development opportunities, my experience of the ability to work on projects outside of my immediate role was poor, but others may have been more fortunate. Job roles tended to be very precise with little deviation resulting in bored unmotivated staff. Performance reviews, and so the opportunity to discuss pay, benefits or training were not commonplace. There was a tendency to become de-skilled as time progresses as your work with the technologies and processes will change little but the wider world may move on. This may be more indicative of the project rather than the company. No benefits such as pension/healthcare, etc, and only 20 days annual leave.

Advice to Management

Invest in people, offer training, development and secondment opportunities to other projects to diversify skill-set. Mandate performance reviews. The pay wasn't as high as many others pay in the same role/sector but I'd have stayed if more opportunities for progression were available.

Other Employee Reviews for IT Alliance Group

1. "Senior Application Administrator"

I worked at IT Alliance Group full-time

Pros

A few decent large corporate clients, ability to work at a large otherwise unaccessible business. High tech menial jobs.

Cons

Very limited growth opportunities. No bonuses. Stiff internal structure. Grab your skills and move on.

Advice to Management

Get more involved with your staff otherwise this will remain a mercenary camp.

"Terrible Management Style of Accounts Department"

Former Employee - Accounts Receivable
    Former Employee - Accounts Receivable

I worked at IT Alliance Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If only there was some

Cons

-No benefits
    -Petty salary
    -Managers never listen
    -Always stepped over and the people that have been there the longest are the "best" and always "right"
    -Several occasions I rasied issues to my manager and every time they were not dealt with
    -The longer you work here the less useful you will become and will gain no experience at all
    -The billing department will never work out for reasons that people already know, if you have not worked here for at least 10 years or you are a manager, then you have no hope of being listened to.

Advice to Management

Several times there was finance disputes about a query, I would build a backup and have all relevent information to show and highlight the issue. Several times I was stepped over by my manager and told I was "wrong" by the lovely lady who works in billing. This would all be said before even looking at my evidence and had actually been refused by both manager and other party to have a look. When they both decide to work together and find that the problem I raised, which was in fact an issue, there was no acknowledgement to the fact I clearly had this all worked out. I saw the reviews on this website before taking the job and I wish now I listened. If you are reading this, learn from me. Do not work in the finance department for this company. I will happily sign this off.
    Love From