ITG - A company that could be the best if they knew their employees better | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ITG

"A company that could be the best if they knew their employees better"

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in New York, NY
Former Employee - Systems Analyst in New York, NY

Pros

ITG was very convenient to where I was living. It was centrally located in the middle of midtown manhattan and convenient to get to from all aspects of the city (right outside of grand central station). even when the weather was very poor, you could go through the bear stearns building to end up right across the street from the office building.

Cons

Management was very unfair when it came to promotions. It felt that they promoted members of the team based on ethnicity, not skill and ability. There was a lot of favoritism in the company, so if you became very good friends with the management outside of the company, you were given a lot of 'extra assistance' inside the company.

Advice to Management

Treat the employees fairly. There is a lot of people talking behind the backs of each other and that is not how a company should be run. A company where the employees are happy is a place where a company can prosper, get larger and wealthier. Look at google and AOL...their employees love working there because the management style is much fairer. We are working many hours (above the standard 40) and sometimes when we are coming in at 3am, we are still expected to get back into the office at 6am. sometimes, we don't even leave until 5am, or maybe even stay there overnight.

Other Employee Reviews for ITG

1. "All bad things about big companies apply"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in London, England (UK)

I have been working at ITG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Work life balance
    - Compensation
    - Office location

Cons

- Micromanagement
    - Waterfall development model
    - Long term employees(senior developers, tech leads) have very poor skillset
    - London IT dep. is controlled by Israel office(magnified long term employees issue)

Advice to Management

- Trust your new hires
    - Do not give empty promises
    - Embrace change - stagnation is not the way forward

"Toxic workplace, traumatic expierience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at ITG full-time

Pros

Location is really good. don't remember anything positive about the company itself.

Cons

Its by far the worst place I have ever worked- ever. Even some summer jobs that I did as a student can't compare to the traumatic experience at ITG Dublin office.

-The systems are outdated, from mid 20th century- and apparently technology is their second name.
    - Old fashioned business models and processes.
    -Obvious social engineering techniques used by management. awkward
    -Team spirit- I doubt they have ever heard this term. Team members would often implicate others during the meeting in front of everybody (?!)
    - Long hours are expected and I was told it is part of the culture.
    - CFO doesn't seem to be noticing some employees, avoids eye contact and doesn't say hello. Again awkward and unprofessional at the same time.
    -Company offers good health insurance package - be careful you might really need it after few months in this place.

Advice to Management

Read about modern management styles and the value of employees instead of pushing them to work impossible hours.