ITHAKA - Great place to work! | Glassdoor
  1. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at ITHAKA full-time for more than a year

Pros

- collaborative workplace environment - friendly office culture - everyone genuinely strives for excellence and believes in what they do

Cons

None that I can think of so far

ITHAKA2019-09-27

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Striving to Be Better -- Already Darned Good!"

Current Employee - Scrum Master in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at ITHAKA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've worked in plenty of organizations in which the management was crowded with overly narcissistic "leader" that would step over their own grandma to get to the next level. This is the antithesis of that. The leadership here spends a lot of time listening and responding to the feedback that they solicit from employees throughout the organization. Do they always get it right? No, but they keep trying and that's... about all you can ask. As an Agile practitioner, I've worked in my share of dogmatic organizations that say teams own everything, but actually give them few choices. ITHAKA does a way better job of giving teams autonomy. Yes, we share some things because that's smart, but how the team functions is pretty much left to them to figure out. One week sprints, two week sprints, kanban, whatever works. We all use Jira, but that helps us track cross-team work. Beyond that, teams document things in Git, the wiki, GDocs, and Trello. Same with tools. Because we use a micro-service architecture, we have code written with node.js, closure, react, go...the list goes on.

Cons

If you consider that advancing your career requires regular promotions, the flat organization structure may be a disappointment. Management is working to create some levels for people, but the reality is that there are few opportunities. Because they are very fussy about having good managers, just because you are good at a technical job won't automatically qualify you to lead. Finally, while the benefits and... stress-free living is great, the actual pay is more in the average range. If you're willing to sacrifice other things for more money, you can do better elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Keep working on improving feedback mechanisms and career development programs. While they may not be a reason to join, they're definitely a reason to stay.

ITHAKA2019-09-25
  2. "Great and supportive company culture"

Current Employee - Web Applications Developer in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at ITHAKA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay, great benefits, great people

Cons

Maybe a bit too laid back

ITHAKA2019-09-12

Discover more reviews about ITHAKA.