ITT - Stable place to work | Glassdoor

"Stable place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Dulles, VA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Dulles, VA

Pros

Stability and ability to work on cutting edge technology. Work on the latest technology out there and instead of maintaining/improving existing products work in completely new fields.

Cons

Much of the work is government focused so things move a little slowly. Could get boring at times when dealing with projects that are slow.

Advice to Management

The culture of the company sometime is too bureaucratic and needs to change to adapt to the fast moving business climate.

Other Employee Reviews for ITT

1. "Typical Corporate American Company...just about their bottom line, nothing more."

Current Employee - Engineer in Monrovia, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Monrovia, CA

Pros

Fairly large and stable company for those who seek that type of security. Their compensation is not extraordinary but could be viewed as typical in corporate America.

Cons

I believe that a job is a job and doesn't owe anyone anything. With that said, if one has high expectations they'd probably be disapointed. However, all is not lost on those who are aggressive and assertive, their dreams could probably be realized here if they don't take no for an answer. The downsides are typical e.g. the company like other's is watching every penny so they have no real incentive to boost morale.

Advice to Management

Senior management needs to more be sensitive to the economy and the toll that it's taking on employees. I would estimate that at least 25% of the workforce commute long distances.
    Gasoline prices will ultimately dictate that some look for work closer to home. This will result in some attrition of skilled experienced people.
    There has to be some clever ways to link people up for car and vanpools to relieve the burden of high gas prices. I believe that this country will fall behind our international competitors who have a far superior public transportation infrastructure than we do, particularly the Los Angeles area.

2. "Product Manager"

I worked at ITT full-time

Pros

Good Company to work in

Cons

No cons to be shared