ITT Technical Institute - Great Place to Work! | Glassdoor

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Contractor - Adjunct Instructor in Saint Rose, LA
Current Contractor - Adjunct Instructor in Saint Rose, LA

I have been working at ITT Technical Institute as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

I was an Adjunct Instructor in St. Rose, LA. This is a great place to work. It was a great opportunity to get my foot in the door and get some teaching experience. They are extremely flexible and so appreciative of the hard work you put in. The pay is very competitive and they have quite a few perks-such as appreciation lunches, etc. Depending on where you are in your life and what you are looking for, this could be a great opportunity to gain experience, network, and make a good salary. I also loved working with the students and I was encouraged to branch out and work with career development, etc. Upper managment/administration really seemed to care about the students.

Cons

No benefits offered for Adjuncts.

Advice to Management

The only thing I can possible think of is when full time and/or administrative opportunities arise in the school it might be good if they approached Adjuncts to gauge interest.

Other Employee Reviews for ITT Technical Institute

1. "Changing Lives"

Current Employee - Chair, School of Information Technology in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Chair, School of Information Technology in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at ITT Technical Institute full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

ITT Tech is a very conservative organization that is unwilling to jump on the newest craze when a proven route to learning exists. The first and foremost consideration is to make sure that students have access to whatever they need to learn and make wise career decisions. Only employees with this same vision are employed by ITT Tech and it becomes a big family.

Cons

An organization as large as ITT Tech sometimes needs to make changes and, regardless of how small those changes might be, they take time. Students sometimes think we drag our feet adopting new technology when, honestly, we have already explored the possibility and know that the higher-tech solution might not be worth it.

Advice to Management

Slow and steady wins the race. Do not be enticed by current flashes in the pan; they never work out.

"Micromanaged by non-experienced managers, not a career but a job"

Former Employee - Educational Recruiter in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Educational Recruiter in Durham, NC

I worked at ITT Technical Institute full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Steady Pay
    Students 'can' appreciate you.

Cons

Considered to be replaceable
    Micromanaged
    Not appreciated
    Don't expect a sizable raise
    Health Insurance is barely insurance
    Did i say Micromanaged
    High expectations, low compensation.
    You not only 'recruit', but hand hold while a student is a student
    Don't be fooled, this is a sales position, without commission
    You will spend 70% of your day calling people who may only be hunting for a job.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, meaning your front line employees and show them they are not just a telemarketer