ITT Technical Institute - If you enjoy a personal life that starts before midnight, forget about it ... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ITT Technical Institute

"If you enjoy a personal life that starts before midnight, forget about it ..."

Former Employee - Educational Recruiter
Former Employee - Educational Recruiter

I worked at ITT Technical Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We always had a lot of fun together, I met some amazing co-workers, and it really benefited me for my future careers as far as interviewing prospects, scheduling, and cold calling.It taught me good leadership skills and how to talk with several different demographic prospective students. I was a great experience until, all of a sudden something will happen and then you get the cons *2

Cons

I hated the hours more than anything i think. I would also have to say the little groups that tend to merge together and cause trouble for the other departments. It isnt very stable and you never know whether you still have a job or you dont. Not everyone is genuine or trustworthy.

Advice to Management

Be honest with your employees from the git go, don't sugar coat things and give peoples' hopes up. Walking in to work and then three hours later getting laid off, and knowing that it was going to happen days ago. Not Cool!

Other Employee Reviews for ITT Technical Institute

"Horrible management, micro managers all are bipolar"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at ITT Technical Institute full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There is nothing positive about this company

Cons

Cannot do your job without them micro managing. They don't appreciate their employees, they are in it to line there pockets.

Advice to Management

Get rid of Modany and all of his cronies. He doesn't care about employees and neither does the other management. Time to clean house.

2. "Extremely well run by very competent and caring people"

Former Employee - Tutor in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Tutor in Troy, MI

I worked at ITT Technical Institute part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoy passing my knowledge to the next generation; the twinkle in their eye when the finally 'get it' is priceless.

Cons

I made $15.375/hour. I could only work 24 hours per week. They paid no extra for tutoring students with special needs (blind, deaf, speech, ls, etc.)

Advice to Management

you do a reasonable job with the curricula. Some textbooks are horrible. Sit in class and talk to the students.