ITT Technical Institute - If you enjoy a personal life that starts before midnight, forget about it ... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ITT Technical Institute

"If you enjoy a personal life that starts before midnight, forget about it ..."

Former Employee - Educational Recruiter
Former Employee - Educational Recruiter

I worked at ITT Technical Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We always had a lot of fun together, I met some amazing co-workers, and it really benefited me for my future careers as far as interviewing prospects, scheduling, and cold calling.It taught me good leadership skills and how to talk with several different demographic prospective students. I was a great experience until, all of a sudden something will happen and then you get the cons *2

Cons

I hated the hours more than anything i think. I would also have to say the little groups that tend to merge together and cause trouble for the other departments. It isnt very stable and you never know whether you still have a job or you dont. Not everyone is genuine or trustworthy.

Advice to Management

Be honest with your employees from the git go, don't sugar coat things and give peoples' hopes up. Walking in to work and then three hours later getting laid off, and knowing that it was going to happen days ago. Not Cool!

Other Employee Reviews for ITT Technical Institute

1. "Extremely well run by very competent and caring people"

Former Employee - Tutor in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Tutor in Troy, MI

I worked at ITT Technical Institute part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoy passing my knowledge to the next generation; the twinkle in their eye when the finally 'get it' is priceless.

Cons

I made $15.375/hour. I could only work 24 hours per week. They paid no extra for tutoring students with special needs (blind, deaf, speech, ls, etc.)

Advice to Management

you do a reasonable job with the curricula. Some textbooks are horrible. Sit in class and talk to the students.

2. "Get the enrollment and the money"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Nashville, TN

I worked at ITT Technical Institute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a job that will allow someone to meet their bills, and it's clean comfortable working conditions.

Cons

Constant pressure to enroll and get the federal money at all costs. Ethics is preached but not practiced by Headquarters.Constant phone calling three times daily to the same inquiry is mandated.A representative only has four days to work with the people who request information and then the inquiry is given to other reps for continuous calling until it has been cycled through four recruiters and then the lead goes to the companys call center where these inquiries are called up to forty more times.Telephone calls to prospective students are counted by a machine daily for number of attempts, and number of efforts to tthe same phone number. There is a weekly competition among representatives mandated by headquarters where points are awarded for each enrollment, and the recruiters who have the highest number of points for that week are rewarded with the best leads the following week.This is important to the recruiters because their salary is tied into the number of enrollments they receive. There is a board room quarterly where the Director is required to meet with the recruiters to give them their goal of enrollments for the quarters.There is a weekly report that is reviewed for conducts, enrollments and completion of Financial Aid. Constant pressure to get more and more future students is placed on the recruiters.

Advice to Management

Everything is controlled by Headquarters, and local management is simply their mouthpiece therefore there is little local management can do except to pass on implementation of rules. The model the company uses for recruitment is antiquated and outdated. This company is supposed to be an institution of higher learning, but most of the times it is just a sales organization with little concern for the employees.