ITT Technical Institute - Working for ITT Technical Institute is not only frustrating, it is dis-empowering. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ITT Technical Institute

"Working for ITT Technical Institute is not only frustrating, it is dis-empowering."

I have been working at ITT Technical Institute full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The campus employees are fantastic. They are some of the best co-workers I've ever had the pleasure to know. They are honest, ethical and caring individuals who do their best to deliver on the mission statement.

Cons

*The "help" provided by HQ is almost non-existent. When we ask for help, we're told to contact other campuses and talk to their employees.
*The standard lines are "All the campuses get the same leads," or "It's like that at all the campuses," and so on, when we explain why we're unable to meet the impossible goals that are set for us.
*We are expected to work on virtually every holiday except Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years, even though the company has designated the days as holidays.
*The Performance Management System used by HQ works only for the upper management, since they're the only ones who get to do the planning or receive rewards.

Advice to Management

*All campuses and geographical areas are not the same. What works in one school may not work in another.
*Use more than numbers to judge the performance of your employees. You've removed the 'human' from 'human resources'.
*Stop determining staffing levels based upon the needs of a start-up campus. Long-standing campuses have alumni to consider, especially in the Career Services area.
*If you really care about "outcomes", i.e., graduate and pre-graduate employment, stop downsizing the Career Services area. You should be adding staff.
*Prove that education is more important than profits and stop forcing on-ground students to take online classes. That is not the kind of efficiency that improves the educational experience, and saying that employers want employees who have experience with online learning is just an excuse to save money on adjunct and full-time instructor salaries.
*Either reward the HQ and campus staff members the way the CEO and upper management are rewarded (with millions of dollars in bonuses for 70+% declines in stock price), or reward the CEO and upper management the way the HQ and campus staff members are rewarded (with 0-2.75% cost of living adjustment).
*Include campus staff in the planning and goal setting process. They know what conditions are like in their areas. HQ doesn't.
*Work more closely with campuses and faculty on curriculum rather than virtually handing it over to Pearson Publishing.

Other Employee Reviews for ITT Technical Institute

1. "They should know..."

I have been working at ITT Technical Institute full-time

Pros

Working with the students is the highlight of my day.

Cons

They do not provide proper training for new employees especially admission reps.
    There is a ton of unrealistic expectations and generalizations such as expecting a small school to perform at the same level of larger schools.
    Management hasn't been trained properly so its the blind leading the blind.
    If you work in a small school the possibility for advancement is low unless you change schools.
    The work hours are ridiculous. Working until 9pm is useless. At my location it seems that after 730 no one picks up the phone.
    And as the other poster said its a trial by fire environment.

Advice to Management

Try to create a better work environment and take into account all variables when making decisions on how certain schools should perform.

2. "Overall great experience"

Pros

The manager was on time, extermely diligent and required allot of work ethic. Overall, very much time oreiencetyed. I would go back in heart beat

Cons

Extremely long working hours, but had a great staff, alos very dedicated to the job at hand. Being on time was critical

Advice to Management

Work on promoting relatively sooner, more team building exercise, Did a great job on introduncing employess to higer potentials. Terriffic group