ITT Technical Institute - Good company to break into education, but don't stay too long! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ITT Technical Institute

"Good company to break into education, but don't stay too long!"

Former Employee - Career Services Specialist
Former Employee - Career Services Specialist

I worked at ITT Technical Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Organized, good campus-level support staff; Excellent chairs and faculty. Decent salary. Assisting students to find their career aspirations is what motivated to get to work every day.

Cons

It's all about the numbers to the company. My previous supervisor was Jekyll and Hyde; one day way up, the next way down, and because she was too often "way down", her words and deeds ultimately drove me from this company. If she was a reflection of ITT - and by her actions and her overt brown-nosing, I'd say she was - then I'd exercise caution when seeking work here. I'll repeat: It's all about the numbers.

Advice to Management

Hire more mentally-stable supervisors who can tactfully and artfully articulate responsibilities, and will cultivate and nurture a career aspiration, rather then treat you, ultimately, like chattel.

Other Employee Reviews for ITT Technical Institute

1. "It is a job"

Pros

It's a job with benefits

Cons

you have no control over your success

"If you enjoy a personal life that starts before midnight, forget about it ..."

Former Employee - Educational Recruiter
    Former Employee - Educational Recruiter

I worked at ITT Technical Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We always had a lot of fun together, I met some amazing co-workers, and it really benefited me for my future careers as far as interviewing prospects, scheduling, and cold calling.It taught me good leadership skills and how to talk with several different demographic prospective students. I was a great experience until, all of a sudden something will happen and then you get the cons *2

Cons

I hated the hours more than anything i think. I would also have to say the little groups that tend to merge together and cause trouble for the other departments. It isnt very stable and you never know whether you still have a job or you dont. Not everyone is genuine or trustworthy.

Advice to Management

Be honest with your employees from the git go, don't sugar coat things and give peoples' hopes up. Walking in to work and then three hours later getting laid off, and knowing that it was going to happen days ago. Not Cool!