ITT Technical Institute - Much depends on the quality of the Campus Director | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ITT Technical Institute

"Much depends on the quality of the Campus Director"

Current Employee - Director of Recruitment
Current Employee - Director of Recruitment

I have been working at ITT Technical Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had the good fortune to work with a smart and committed campus director. Truly committed to student success. Great opportunity to try new things, explore training opportunities for staff and grow yourself and staff professionally. Pay in the 60's for Directors of Recruitment and the mid 30's to upper 40's for recruiters.

Cons

Everything including hiring and firing eminates from HQ, often very aggressive enrollment goals based on volume of often low quality internet aggregator purchased leads - many (maybe even most) of which were actually desperate job seekers not degree seekers. Tuition was close to 5X greater than comparable community colleges (in 2012) and ITT's national accreditation means ITT Tech courses are pretty much only transferrable to another ITT Tech.

Advice to Management

Focus on program quality, Lower your tuition. Quit protecting the 36% profit margins on students and act like the stewards of taxpayer dollars you are before student default rates get so high the Fed pulls your Title 4 funding and the gig is up! Many dedicated and strong people lost to ITT because enrollment goals can be unrealistic based on the economic and personal realities for many in the populations ITT targets.

Other Employee Reviews for ITT Technical Institute

1. "Great place to work because of who I was given the opportunity to work with!"

I worked at ITT Technical Institute full-time

Pros

Great flexibility in work schedule, ability to use your creativity in program and activity creation, control over teaching staff which created great learning opportunities for student from professionals actively in field.

Cons

Performance evaluation metrics are objective and leave no room for management wiggle room.

Advice to Management

While establishing goals to strive for is great give management an opportunity to evaluate employees subjectively. Evaluation by numerical standard alone does not reflect the efforts of the individual.

2. "Rewarding occuppation, great people at my location"

Current Employee - Instructor
    Current Employee - Instructor

I have been working at ITT Technical Institute full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It was a joy to work with supportive, team oriented, friendly, and professional group of people at my location.

Cons

A reduction in budget resulted in hundreds of full-time faculty and staff being work force reduced.

Advice to Management

Using manufacturing method parameters to operate an educational institution does not seem to be effective. Perhaps the techniques used by current management are in need of change. If the reduction had been done at the top, many jobs would have been saved. Top management has driven the stock price down from $110 to $15. By that measure I should have lost my job. The CEO position alone is equivalent to 142 school positions.