ITT Technical Institute - Know what the job really is - Admissions Rep | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ITT Technical Institute

"Know what the job really is - Admissions Rep"

Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Tampa, FL
Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at ITT Technical Institute full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learn sales skills, get to work whith a team and sometimes get to help people with their career choices. If you are a SALES person you will do great at this job and make very good money.

Cons

The Admissions Rep job is advertised to make you think, you will be helping students and doing counseling by helping them through the admissions process. The reality is that you will be expected to enroll every student with meet with regardless of what's best for the potential student. It is really a sales position and you are there to increase enrollment. You work in a call center type environment wiht at least 10 other "admissions" personnel. If you don't meet the enrollment goals you will be let go just like any other sales job. I'm not a sales person I'm a career counselor and job coah so it was not a good fit for me to be there so I left after 6 months.

Advice to Management

None

Other Employee Reviews for ITT Technical Institute

"ITT Technical Institute"

Current Employee - Systems Support Technician in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Systems Support Technician in Dayton, OH

I have been working at ITT Technical Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was one of the best and worst experiences of my life. I had the opportunity to be a student and an employee.

Cons

I had the opportunity to be a student and an employee. There was no line between the two at times.

Advice to Management

Pay less attention to the bottom line and more attention to student satisfaction.

"I am more excited that I am quitting, than I was to get hired here. Thats not good."

Current Employee - Educational Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Educational Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at ITT Technical Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay. Really, thats all I got.

Cons

Benefits are expensive, hours are long/late into nights and weekend, nationalized policies (leaves no room for campuses to grow or operate properly), management is totally disconnected from the problems and just are interested in numbers to show share holders, no academic standard for students(student are passed along through classes to get a result, all the while ITT knows full well they can barely read or accomplish the job at hand), too expensive, no career growth for internal employees, poor financials(always writing off bad debt because students arent letting them get away with the unethical practices), everything about this place is a lie. Dont ever take a job here. Dont ever attend school here. In the end its not worth the stress and the drama.

Advice to Management

Quit. You have run a somewhat marketable product into the ground. You fail as managers. This school deserves what it gets for losing money, federal funding, quality employees & the bad rep it has to the public.