IXL Learning - Work with smart and motivated people | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for IXL Learning

"Work with smart and motivated people"

Current Employee - Engineering Project Lead
Current Employee - Engineering Project Lead

I have been working at IXL Learning full-time

Pros

I have worked at IXL Learning for a number of years and continue to be very happy here. I have had many opportunities to grow, meet new challenges and develop new skills. I have always felt cared about: management works with each employee to make sure they are happy and working on things that interest them. There is flexibility within the engineering team for different working styles and interests and people can find their niche. Everyone at the company is smart, motivated to create the best products possible, and a pleasure to work with. Within a fast-paced development team we hold high standards for the quality of our products and everyone works hard to ensure we meet those standards.

Cons

I can't think of any downsides to working here.

Other Employee Reviews for IXL Learning

"Interesting and rewarding work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at IXL Learning full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The co-workers here are incredibly gifted and awesome people. They care about their job, the product, and the other employees. Everyone is really nice and will always take the time to answer questions or give advice if asked.

There is a company softball team and basketball team. The development team is moving to a new floor next week that looks amazing!

The health benefits are great and the salary is competitive. The company is growing and there are lots of opportunities to work on new and interesting projects.

Cons

There isn't a lot of business experience among upper management. The company is used to being small, and now that it is growing there are some noticeable growing pains. This has been improving of late, but it is still an issue.

Advice to Management

Continue to improve on showing your gratitude for your employees hard work.

"Company with a great culture, and in a period of huge growth"

Current Employee - Membership Specialist in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Membership Specialist in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at IXL Learning full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Lots of new features, challenges, innovations. Definitely no sense of stagnancy or complacency for either the products or the future of the company itself.

- Diverse and friendly company culture, everyone is extremely welcoming and happy to chat while grabbing a cup of coffee or answer work related questions.

- Good work/life balance. Everyone takes pride in their work, but there is no pressure to work insane hours.

- Great managers who care both personally and professionally. Really.

- Many opportunities for more responsibility.

Cons

If you living in San Francisco, the commute can be tedious.

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency and the lines of communication. I have seen huge amounts of improvement in this aspect in recent months, so its very encouraging to see a company that is so responsive to employee feedback.