IXL Learning - Lots of talent | Glassdoor

"Lots of talent"

Current Employee - Software Development in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Software Development in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at IXL Learning full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a pleasure to work at IXL, because they are an excellent software company. Many IXL employees enjoy working here---not just people in my department. IXL’s performance in their industry is golden. At IXL we handle really challenging tasks---the ones that other software companies are struggling with, and we get them done. The success achieved by this company requires extensive knowledge and dedication, and the company as a whole has that in spades. IXL is a great company and I will always hold it in the highest esteem, even if I accept a position at another company.

Cons

The area is very pricy to try to live nearby the office location. Some of the management is inexperienced, but hey I guess they have to start somewhere. During periods of crunch time, dinner is only provided 2 days out of the week.

Advice to Management

Don't just promote people because they've been here a long time, ensure they have the credentials to let them succeed in a higher position.

Other Employee Reviews for IXL Learning

"Great place to work!"

I have been working at IXL Learning full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazingly passionate company. Every employee seems to feel supported, appreciated, and excited. The company truly appreciates their employees and deeply cares about producing a good quality product. IXL is an excellent place to work.

Cons

The training procedure for the Sales Consultants has not been fully developed yet so it was confusing at times. The management is aware and is fixing this problem quickly.

"Fast growing company with room to make your mark"

I have been working at IXL Learning full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company culture shows that management cares about its employees. Lots of autonomy in job. Management brings high level of experience within ed publishing, and this helps a lot. There are many resources to help you, but you have to seek them out.

Cons

Training is a little haphazard, sometimes your left guessing what to do next. Compensation structure seems fair, but depends on making a quota.

Advice to Management

Create flexibility in work schedule by allowing reps to work from home at times.