IXL Learning - Comme ci, comme ca | Glassdoor

"Comme ci, comme ca"

Pros

Not bad pay. Decent product. Clean workplace although crowded.

Cons

Everyone is expected to work HARD - that's not the bad part though. There's a split between those who are hired as low level tech labourers and higher level. Everyone works hard, however depending on what you are hired for really determines where you'll be stuck due to limited upward mobility.

Advice to Management

Be very open if a position you are offering lacks upward mobility so expectations are clear in the beginning. Communicate more and often with staff instead of just with management. Keep in touch with those who work for you.

Other Employee Reviews for IXL Learning

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Math Curriculum Designer in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Math Curriculum Designer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at IXL Learning full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The job is collaborative and creative. There are always a variety of tasks to work on so you never get bored by doing the same thing all day every day. Everyone at IXL is committed and hardworking and fun to work with. I work remotely and still really feel like I'm part of a team.

Cons

If you take a remote position, it is more difficult to know your colleagues as much as if you're in the office. But the IXL team does a good job bridging this gap with technology anyway.

"Great so far, very supportive employees"

Current Employee - Curriculum Designer in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Curriculum Designer in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at IXL Learning full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My team and everyone that I've met so far while working here has been very helpful and friendly. The work environment is very collaborative, so it is crucial that everyone be able to work together in a professional manner. The work environment is comfortable, and the perks are nice as well. I have not had to take work home with me at all, so I have my evenings and weekends for what I need or want to do.

Cons

Because the company is growing very rapidly, there are some policies or standard operating procedures which are in flux and being changed, so to some degree this has been a little jarring. However, there is real effort being put into making these changes quickly, easily, and for the benefit of everyone affected by them.