IXL Learning - Challenging and Rewarding | Glassdoor

"Challenging and Rewarding"

Current Employee - Product Analyst in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Product Analyst in San Mateo, CA

Pros

IXL is a great place to work. I look forward to getting up and going into work every weekday. The product analysts come from many different disciplines, which can result in some lively discussions. Everyone on the development team is very intelligent and easy to work with. It'll be interesting to see the how the team dynamics change as we grow. Our team meetings are already almost filling up our new conference room!

But the best part about working here is that we work on cutting-edge educational technology products, which help kids around the world learn!

Cons

Schedules can get tight, which can make it hard for everyone on the development team. Nothing to the point where we're pulling all-nighters or anything, but we've had some long nights leading up to release dates. This isn't that different from any other start up from what I've heard.

Other Employee Reviews for IXL Learning

1. "Excellent"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at IXL Learning as a contractor

Pros

Management is very professional and communicative. Colleagues are collaborative. The company underlines the importance of maintaining high quality standards.

Cons

None that I can think of.

2. "Great Company!"

I have been working at IXL Learning full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working for IXL has been an amazing experience! The people are content driven and friendly. The company respects and takes care of its employees. They have a nice employee system in place to manage the workload reasonably and effectively. I guess that's why they can grow as they have. It's nice to work for a company who has maturely developed. They maintain a professional environment that allows you to process your daily tasks. I like that they trust their employees to produce without micromanaging. That kind of results-driven emphasis rules out distractions that otherwise would undermine the work quality and quantity.

Cons

The only con is that I have not worked there long.