Idaho Power - Senior Human Resources Specialist | Glassdoor
  1. "Senior Human Resources Specialist"

Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Specialist in Boise, ID

I have been working at Idaho Power full-time for more than a year

Pros

The HR team is a great team to work for. Everyone on the floor works closely together and helps each other to succeed. The leaders on this floor have done a lot of work to encourage growth and facilitate healthy change. We also have fun, there is a fun committee involved with creating opportunities to take time to enjoy each other and step away from work for a period of time. Fun has been incorporated to ensure we are...

Cons

There are negative perceptions about HR in general. That HR is the bad guys, however it takes our internal customers about 5 seconds to realize that we are all just working hard at our jobs trying to our best at doing the right thing.

Advice to Management

The conversations being had on growth is great, keep that up. The plan to bring us all together with purpose to help is also really great. Only advice is to troubleshoot more ideas to create flexibility in certain roles. At this time, it is understandable why there isn't much.

Idaho Power2018-11-05

Other Employee Reviews

1. "I wish it wasn't temporary"

Former Employee - IT Service Desk Technician in Boise, ID

I worked at Idaho Power

Pros

The people I worked with were great!

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

None, management was excellent!

Idaho Power2019-02-21
    • "Good stable employment"

Current Employee - Senior Applications Developer in Boise, ID

I have been working at Idaho Power full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great benefits. Company generally cares about their employees. Stable company (publicly regulated monopoly) so you don't have to worry about layoffs. They hire/promote from within. Training/education opportunities are pretty good.

Cons

Management practices and culture are somewhat outdated. Working from home is discouraged. It can take years to work up to a good paid time off accrual rate. They often hire temporary contractors instead of creating new full time positions.

Idaho Power2019-06-21

Discover more reviews about Idaho Power.