Ideal Image - Environment where you can directly affect positive change | Glassdoor
  1. "Environment where you can directly affect positive change"

I have been working at Ideal Image full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you like contributing to a company that wants to maintain its #1medspa position, then look no further. Ideal Image let's you shine if you are willing to roll up your sleeves and make a difference. Opinions are valued and welcomed at all levels and I feel many of my opinions have been listened to and implemented in ways I don't think other companies would do. The company values integrity and hard work and if you... possess those things then you will be successful. The leadership team encourages ways to do things better and think outside the box. External competition in this space is tight and so it's nice to know we are always attempting to stay on top and deliver a great service to our customers. Is there a lot of change, yes, but who wants status quo? This is best described as a start-up environment where anyone can break glass ceilings. I have seen many promotions occur from within especially people with good attitudes who show a willingness to grow and be thought leaders. Other pros - Little micromanagement, ability to affect change, being in a fun and growing industry that's sexy, free treatments, co-workers that feel like family.

Cons

If you don't welcome change and hard work this is not your place. The company is always innovating to keep up with changing employee and customer demands in a growing industry. If you are a clock in clock out person you likely won't be happy. No matching 401k. Family benefits can be expensive.

Advice to Management

Keep innovating like you are. Communicating and change management can be hard for many people to understand so try to make sure the "why" is explained across the board to all employees. Knowing the vision helps people understand where we are going and why. Keep up the great work!

Ideal Image2019-06-05
  1. "Hope to retire from this company!"

Current Employee - Skin, Face, and Body Specialist in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Ideal Image full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible schedule, great work environment, employee benefits, and compensation.

Cons

The retail hours are hard to work around sometimes, but make sense for the business and helps to work around employees with a school schedule.

Advice to Management

I love this job! I wish there was a way to help guests that have been displaced from competitors that have closed down. And military or student discounts.

Ideal Image2019-09-16
  2. "The (micro)management treats employees as dispensable numbers"

Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Edina, MN

I worked at Ideal Image full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Used to be a good company at the inception Free treatments for employees, however if you leave within 3 months from getting treatments, it will be deducted from your final paycheck Fellow nurses

Cons

Micro, micro management to the point of absurdity Fear for job safety Low employee morale as a result of micromanagement and fear of being punished/terminated Terrible workflow: constant double- and triple booking and HUGE turnover of employees. Unavoidable overtime, but you are going to be punished for it, ironically Incompetent management The corporate office is absolutely useless: you can never get a... response from Human Resources, Legal Department, or even CEO, unless you bombard them with emails or letters, or involve a lawyer.

Advice to Management

Appreciate loyal employees! The company spends more time and resources hiring new employees that might last a few months, the best scenario, than retaining their loyal ones that are a backbone of any company. I have been with Ideal Image for over 7 years, and have lived through 3 CEOs and 5 Regional Directors, which means that you are all replaceable as well.

Ideal Image2019-09-12

Discover more reviews about Ideal Image.