Ideal Image - Be Careful | Glassdoor

"Be Careful"

Current Employee - Director of Client Care

I have been working at Ideal Image part-time for more than a year

Pros

Sometimes the staff is nice and they pay well

Cons

Don't get me wrong I have the job was great when I first started working here. But then is started getting worse and worse. As a DCC, there is expected so much from a person and you can only do so much that you just feel like you are being pulled back and forth like a rag doll. I do not remember that last time I have had an actual break! Maybe when I first started working here not anymore. And you can not rely on... anyone everyone quits or get "promoted" which means you can not establish any sort of bond with anyone. I strongly believe in teamwork but that is one thing that Ideal Image does not have. It is all a mask it is free for all. I don't even remember that last time I could go to the bathroom without getting yelled at, because most of the time I am by myself and no else knows how to work the system that we use.

Advice to Management

CROSS TRAIN! Don't put all this pressure on one person expecting for them to know all the answers, it is mentally exhausting.

Ideal Image2019-06-17
  1. "Hope to retire from this company!"

Current Employee - Skin, Face, and Body Specialist in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Ideal Image full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible schedule, great work environment, employee benefits, and compensation.

Cons

The retail hours are hard to work around sometimes, but make sense for the business and helps to work around employees with a school schedule.

Advice to Management

I love this job! I wish there was a way to help guests that have been displaced from competitors that have closed down. And military or student discounts.

Ideal Image2019-09-16
  2. "The (micro)management treats employees as dispensable numbers"

Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Edina, MN

I worked at Ideal Image full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Used to be a good company at the inception Free treatments for employees, however if you leave within 3 months from getting treatments, it will be deducted from your final paycheck Fellow nurses

Cons

Micro, micro management to the point of absurdity Fear for job safety Low employee morale as a result of micromanagement and fear of being punished/terminated Terrible workflow: constant double- and triple booking and HUGE turnover of employees. Unavoidable overtime, but you are going to be punished for it, ironically Incompetent management The corporate office is absolutely useless: you can never get a... response from Human Resources, Legal Department, or even CEO, unless you bombard them with emails or letters, or involve a lawyer.

Advice to Management

Appreciate loyal employees! The company spends more time and resources hiring new employees that might last a few months, the best scenario, than retaining their loyal ones that are a backbone of any company. I have been with Ideal Image for over 7 years, and have lived through 3 CEOs and 5 Regional Directors, which means that you are all replaceable as well.

Ideal Image2019-09-12

Discover more reviews about Ideal Image.