Illinois State - Good stepping stone for future | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Illinois State

"Good stepping stone for future"

Former Intern - Graduate Assistant in Normal, IL
Former Intern - Graduate Assistant in Normal, IL

I worked at Illinois State as an intern (More than 3 years)

Pros

Supporting and teachable environment, good place to start a career or at the end of a career.

Cons

Some professors once tenured lose interest in student's careers and their own too.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Other Employee Reviews for Illinois State

1. "Great Experience"

Current Contractor - Graduate Assistant in Normal, IL
    Current Contractor - Graduate Assistant in Normal, IL

I have been working at Illinois State as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Great school to work for. Professors are willing to work around your class schedule.

Cons

Workload tends to increase during the times that your personal class workload increases.

2. "Can't say this is an acceptable place to work"

Former Contractor - Building Service Worker in Bloomington, IL
    Former Contractor - Building Service Worker in Bloomington, IL

I worked at Illinois State as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

variety of job, hours, pleasant students

Cons

Where to start. The pay was terrible as an extra help employee but it fit into my schedule well. There are never any supplies as the state budget is next to 0. You have to beg, borrow, and borrow more to get basic supplies to do your job. My biggest problem was management.. I had an incident where in a my area where it almost got physical with another employee. I called my boss, said its about to get physical and I don't want to be the person that "gets physical" with another employee. They tried to suspend me (as my statement to my boss was considered a threat) which I laughed at and said I will just be on my way. Fast forward a year later (a complete year without being employed there). I was contacted by I.S.U. police about an investigation of consensual sex at the work place. I was dumbfounded......I said it never happened and if it was consensual that whats the crime? No crime committed but it had to be investigated. Give me a break. I found out later the occurrence (which supposedly happened 2 years previous) was reported to a family member of mine and that person either had to report the incident or risk losing their job. This family member does not get along with management either, and I truly believe it was a ploy to try and catch this family member up in a web of lies in order to take their job away. Needless to say it didn't work and there was a defamation lawsuit. So all in all not a great experience, nor would I recommend this torture to anyone else.

Advice to Management

I wouldn't even know where to begin.