Imagination Publishing - Imagination is a truly great company to work for, and they care for and invest in their employees. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Imagination Publishing

"Imagination is a truly great company to work for, and they care for and invest in their employees."

Former Employee - Editor in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Editor in Chicago, IL

I worked at Imagination Publishing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started working at Imagination in December of 2010. Because my wife, a teacher, was in the middle of a school year, management did everything in their power to make our move and transition possible, allowing me to work remotely as my wife hunted for jobs in the Chicago area. This is just one example of how they care for and take care of their employees. The leadership team has created a great culture, and I'm sad to leave. But they've helped make my time here a fantastic experience. Imagination is a great place to work.

Cons

This is a company that's doing big things. As such, it's a rapidly growing and fast-changing atmosphere, and for those who struggle with change and flexibility, it might be a bumpy ride. But if you're flexible, future-oriented and are looking for a small business with big influence, this is likely a place you'll want to check out.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Don't stop telling the team the stories of where Imagination has come from, and where it's going.

Other Employee Reviews for Imagination Publishing

"Freelance Designer experience"

Former Contractor - Web Designer in Chicago, IL
    Former Contractor - Web Designer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Imagination Publishing as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The team is very friendly, organized and they all seem to get along well with each other.

Cons

The work is not that exciting, or conceptually rich.

Advice to Management

Management was great. I think the work is not as rewarding as one might like, because that’s the nature of their industry.

"Hostile Work Environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Imagination Publishing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hard working employees. Beautiful loft environment. Good location. An amazing mixed bag of people, working together as a team.

Cons

A very bad manager! On any given day you'd never know what to expect as far as if your manger would come in in a foul mood, or just super late. Always having to second guess tasks done, due to lack of confidence, training and patience from your manager.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. If a member of your staff states that his or her manager is abusive, do something about it! Don't let good talent walk because a VP shouldn't manage people. Not everyone is cut out to be a manager. Jim Meyers is a good guy, but he needs to pay closer attention when even his own daughter tells him that a member of his executive staff is verbally abusive and demoralizing, bulling them and making them not want to go to work. Seriously, it's a big problem. I've often thought that maybe this person has something on Mr. Meyers and that's why she's still there!