Imgur - Tap dancing to work! | Glassdoor

"Tap dancing to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Imgur full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

+ CULTURE: we have a bunch of values written on the walls etc., but none of that means anything if people don't adhere to them. At Imgur, the values actually do define how we behave and treat one another. At its core is respect and compassion.
+ IMPACT: We reach tens of million of people every day. Its pretty cool for such a small team to have an impact on so many people.
+ LEARNING: Every single day I'm learning from people who are smarter than I am. There's an incredibly talented group of people here, who challenge and push one another to perform at their best.

Cons

- Some times people leave the fridge open overnight and all the food needs be thrown out in the AM.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on! Since I've been here I've seen you grow as a team. Its incredible to watch and be a part of it.

May 10, 2017 – Operations Manager

Thank you for the thoughtful review! We love that you are thriving in our ever growing environment! We'll be sure to watch over the fridge door!

Other Employee Reviews for Imgur

1. "Exciting time to be at Imgur"

Current Employee - Android Engineer
    Current Employee - Android Engineer

I have been working at Imgur full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Awesome office space (and dog friendly!)
    - Down to earth and friendly people in every department
    - Honest communication about company's fundamentals from leadership
    - Positive place to grow and pursue passions in your career
    - Working on a product that reaches millions and the ability to see users' reactions directly on Imgur!
    - Excellent benefits and perks!

Cons

When things get hectic, there can be miscommunication among departments.

Advice to Management

Ensure that every team is on the same page when developing features. While a lot of trust is given to each team to complete their requirements at their own pace, there still needs to be coordination to ensure everyone is on the same page during every phase of development.

Jan 5, 2017

Thanks for providing an honest insight into what it’s like to work at Imgur. We appreciate the open feedback in your response and truly value your advice to management. Building out features that... More

"Incredible place to work"

Current Employee - Platform Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Platform Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Imgur full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture and core values are no joke, Imgur practices what it preaches. Incredibly smart, talented, passionate people across the board. Great location, great perks, great work/life balance. The CEO is incredibly humble and wise. People are given lots of trust and autonomy. Reason and logic prevail here.

Cons

Some growing pains as teams expand and new processes are put in place to accommodate managing the project pipelines. I think this is a common denominator for any company at this stage.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Jan 5, 2017 – Operations Manager

We value your feedback and love that you feel so strongly about our culture and core values! Thank you for your review!