Imperva - Great company, very professional team, yet fun. Excellent culture that promotes-from-within | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Imperva

"Great company, very professional team, yet fun. Excellent culture that promotes-from-within"

Current Employee - Director in Redwood Shores, CA
Current Employee - Director in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Well run, good people, professional management team. The company has a get-things-done culture, focused on performance and a team effort to drive results. I've been promoted internally, and that seems to be a general pattern: if there are good candidates internally, they are given the opportunity to advance their career.

I have worked at large and small companies, and when it comes to Sales, Marketing, Services and R&D, I find NONE of the tensions and rivalries I have experienced at other companies. That is refreshing. People pull together to get things done and solve problems, not point fingers. Also, relatively speaking, I find almost no politics to speak of, which is also a welcome change from other companies.

Cons

Coordination and communication can be challenging with a globally dispersed team, but that seems to work pretty well.

Other Employee Reviews for Imperva

"The people on my team were nice, but the is a lack of professionalism shown towards customers and a void in leadership."

Current Employee - Product Support Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Product Support Engineer in Redwood City, CA

Pros

Salary is competitive and the work hours are acceptable. There is nice kitchen and the benefits are decent. The office is nice.

Cons

There are not enough employees in support. Three quarters of the people there are less than one year. The job is much different than I imagined.

Advice to Management

Need to allow for more training for support engineers, have improved portal, better phone system and more organization and distribution of workload.

"Stay Away"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Good compensation package. Most people are friendly. Lots of promises. The CEO is a recognizable security figure. Very good corporate marketing.

Cons

Many promises, but none kept. Products are complicated compared to competition. Web and database products do not integrate despite an exciting story. If you're considering working for them, do your homework and get everything in writing and don't give up your good contacts. Very high turn over rate and unprofessional behavior in the field and at corporate events.

Advice to Management

Shlomo needs to get more involved in running the day to day operation. This is a small company which has turned over its senior management many times.