Imperva - High Turnover - there is a reason - check linkedin - don't let them fool you | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Imperva

"High Turnover - there is a reason - check linkedin - don't let them fool you"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Imperva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some really dedicated and talented people there. Great product and strong marketing team. Shlomo is a key security figure. Salaries are ok, but can be on the cheap end - make sure to negotiate, negotiate, negotiate! Be willing to walk away.

Cons

Culture, promotions, they don't really invest in their people...only the select few....who stay. I feel kind of shady company/practices. Management definitely has own agenda, best & only interest = themselves. Bad commute location, bad food, dry environment.

Other Employee Reviews for Imperva

1. "Great, fast-growing security company"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked at Imperva for over six years and I've seen it mature from a start-up to a successful, publicly traded company. Despite this growth, though, Imperva has maintained the same culture and focus that initially drew me to the company.

Pros include:
    1. Talented and motivated employees - everyone I work with is great. There's no back-stabbing or office politics.
    2. Long term vision - it is more fun to work at a company that meets its numbers quarter after quarter. Imperva's management team has the vision to make sure that we succeed.
    3. Reasonable work load - while everyone needs to contribute, Imperva is not a pressure cooker. Employees can maintain work-life balance (if they turn off their smartphones when they leave the office).

Cons

1. Lack of food options in Redwood Shores. I've had enough Specialties for two lifetimes.
    2. Rather long commute for me.
    3. Very little company gossip. No crazy stories or long-buried secrets.

Advice to Management

Stay cool.

"Growing Market Opportunity, Established Leadership, Competence in the DNA"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked at companies with strong management teams, and I've worked at companies that had an exciting and growing market opportunity. At Imperva there is both, which is hard to find. I wake up in the morning wanting to engage in my work, and for the most part like people throughout most parts of the company.

Cons

We work hard here - most weeks I enjoy it - this is not a place to coast or hide out.

Advice to Management

As we grow keep holding each team accountable for performance and core competency as has been done in the past - even as the skills mix of leaders may shift to those with experience running larger teams.