Imperva - Senior Product Support Engineer | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Imperva

"Senior Product Support Engineer"

Former Employee - Senior Product Support Engineer in Redwood City, CA
Former Employee - Senior Product Support Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Imperva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's one of the best security companies out there. The CEO is a leader in the security industry and the company is going the right direction.

Cons

The services department lacks engineers, there's a lot of work load and you are expected to work a lot, even if they won't say it officially - there's too much work load and there's not enough people.
In terms of career path they won't invest in their employees, you're are expected to learn about the product and solve cases. They would not send you to other courses and\or certifications. for instance you'd be expected to support auditing on Oracle DBs but they won't send you to an Oracle training (and the list goes on and on).

Advice to Management

Start hiring the right people for the job, invest in the people you already have, change the management!!!

Other Employee Reviews for Imperva

"High Turnover - there is a reason - check linkedin - don't let them fool you"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Imperva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some really dedicated and talented people there. Great product and strong marketing team. Shlomo is a key security figure. Salaries are ok, but can be on the cheap end - make sure to negotiate, negotiate, negotiate! Be willing to walk away.

Cons

Culture, promotions, they don't really invest in their people...only the select few....who stay. I feel kind of shady company/practices. Management definitely has own agenda, best & only interest = themselves. Bad commute location, bad food, dry environment.

2. "Great, fast-growing security company"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked at Imperva for over six years and I've seen it mature from a start-up to a successful, publicly traded company. Despite this growth, though, Imperva has maintained the same culture and focus that initially drew me to the company.

Pros include:
    1. Talented and motivated employees - everyone I work with is great. There's no back-stabbing or office politics.
    2. Long term vision - it is more fun to work at a company that meets its numbers quarter after quarter. Imperva's management team has the vision to make sure that we succeed.
    3. Reasonable work load - while everyone needs to contribute, Imperva is not a pressure cooker. Employees can maintain work-life balance (if they turn off their smartphones when they leave the office).

Cons

1. Lack of food options in Redwood Shores. I've had enough Specialties for two lifetimes.
    2. Rather long commute for me.
    3. Very little company gossip. No crazy stories or long-buried secrets.

Advice to Management

Stay cool.