In-N-Out Burger - A good place to start, and not a bad place to end up. | Glassdoor
Pros
  • "Great pay (for anyone who needs a job)" (in 173 reviews)

• "Good pay and lots of things to do and learn" (in 129 reviews)

Cons
  • "Fast paced environment, have to make sure to keep up" (in 113 reviews)

• "Can be stressful at times during the rush but you learn to handle it" (in 23 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"A good place to start, and not a bad place to end up."

Current Employee - Level 7 Associate
Current Employee - Level 7 Associate

Pros

In N Out is a decent place to work, especially if you do not have a college education. The average store manager makes 100k a year, and I promise, most of them are not college educated. Advancement is based solely on the value you bring to the company. This should be good news to anyone that is a self motivated, or driven person. It is not physically strenuous, unless standing for several hours is an issue for you. It is a fast paced atmosphere, and I would only recommend applying, if you are used to, or would like to get used to, a fast paced environment. My supervisors have always been more than accomodating in granting time off.

Cons

For someone that needs a full time job immediately, it is very difficult to do that at In N Out. In the beginning, you will need to learn several things to become competent enough to be able to add enough value, to the tune of 40 hours a week. I have seen several individuals over the years, become full time within a handful of months, based on a consistent, committed effort. If you are in your mid twenties or above, understand that most of the time, you will be working side by side with people that are 16 yrs old to earlier 20's. I personally do not mind it at all, however, I mention it because it might bother you. However, with that in mind, it is normally easy to obtain extra hours from these people, because it seems they always have school work, concerts or dates to go on. One more small gripe that normally comes out of a new associates mouth, would be that they do not always get off work at the scheduled time, and this is due to untimely, high volumes of customers. The customer certainly does come first, and that includes before you.

Advice to Management

When Senior Management comes into the stores, the associates and supervisors alike, act as if a shark just got thrown into the tank with goldfish. They begin operating out of fear of getting in trouble. I realize that this is probably the case with most jobs, but because In N Out does emphasize personal growth in the management training program, I believe that Senior Management could make better efforts to eliminate that fear. I would start the process by emphasizing positive recognition.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Cook
    Current Employee - Cook

I have been working at In-N-Out Burger full-time

Pros

Pay is great hours are great

Cons

Managers are sometimes not in the mood

2. "Amazing company and job"

Current Employee - Level IV
    Current Employee - Level IV

I have been working at In-N-Out Burger part-time

Pros

Great pay and work space

Cons

Bad breaks but you get use to it

Discover more reviews about In-N-Out Burger.