InComm - Extraordinarily Disappointing | Glassdoor

"Extraordinarily Disappointing"

Former Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA

I worked at InComm full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Category and Pay opportunity

Cons

Dysfunctional Management Style
Highly Nepotistic
No Company Values Policy
Sexist Management
No existing processes, thus repeat efforts are consistently made
The initial employees do not embrace more experienced, and smarter new employees..
Very insecure and unprofessional...
No Diversity efforts
Human Resources is scared of CEO, thus no employee protection

Advice to Management

Be ready for Class Action Lawsuits
Ripe for unionizing
Monthly Birthday Cupcakes don't take the bad taste out employees mouths

Other Employee Reviews for InComm

"Still having nightmares about this place"

Former Employee - Merchant Services Representative in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Merchant Services Representative in Norcross, GA

I worked at InComm full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The only pro was the people. I truly bonded with some coworkers during my time with this company...but as soon as that happened they usually got fired for no legitimate reason.

Cons

Management could care less about the employees. Merchant Service reps are treated like they don't matter even though they have one of the most important jobs in the company. The company keeps buying out other companies, therefore increasing the work load and expectations but not paying employees for it. Employees are treated like children, we were not allowed to have food or drink at our desks. We weren't allowed to go to the bathroom at out discretion. We weren't supposed to talk to each other or stand to stretch. Every offense was a final written warning. And they wonder why they would have 7 in a training class and only 2 or 3 would make it out. They don't keep employees long term and those of us that were long term were completely miserable. They make no allowances for family emergencies. If you didn't request off 3-4 weeks in advance and you don't come in, you might end up being suspended or worse. Management (excluding supervisors) use scare tactics instead of motivation to keep employees working. You couldn't go to HR with an issue because 1. There wasn't an HR rep on site and 2. If you decided to contact one downtown it would do you no good and possibly get you in trouble because the director of the department has buddies in HR. Merchant Services didn't get to participate in the company's employee appreciation week, we don't get invited to the christmas parties, we don't even get a mention in the companies intranet. We are peons and they make sure we understand that. I got lucky and found a new job with the most amazing company that actually appreciates hard work and rewards it, but I know that a lot of my friends are still suffering with this company and I can only hope they get out fast.

Advice to Management

You want advice? See the cons comment...although it doesn't matter. You know what t
    You are doing wrong and you have no intention of fixing it. That's why all of your good employees leave. You may have been able to block me from internal promotions, but you couldn't stop me from leaving the company! I love my new manager and I know more about him in a week than I knew about you in 7 years. Good riddance Incomm!

"Lots of opportunities"

Current Employee - NOC Technician in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - NOC Technician in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at InComm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Loads of opportunities
    Varied work
    Training is covered
    PTO hours are decent
    School is covered after 9mo
    Parking or MARTA transport is provided

Cons

Appreciation is little and far between
    Understaffing is the norm
    Very high stress position in NOC
    Expectations are inconsistent and extremely high
    Demands change without warning
    High turnover
    Middle management is diconnected
    Upper management is completely out of the loop

Advice to Management

Get people who have a connection with the employees in place as managers to reduce turnover.