InMotion Hosting - InMotion Hosting - to work or not to work, that is the question. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for InMotion Hosting

"InMotion Hosting - to work or not to work, that is the question."

Former Employee - Tier I Support Representative in Virginia Beach, VA
Former Employee - Tier I Support Representative in Virginia Beach, VA

Pros

Wiki providing knowledge on how to handle Tier II and System Admin positions available for everyone. It's still very small as well which is nice. Free lunch Tuesdays and free food when everyone gets overwhelmed with work on other days. Ability to customize your computer layout however you'd like or even use Linux instead of Windows.

Cons

They do not pay very well compared to similar, less stressful jobs. Because they are small, there is a lot for everyone to handle. A lot of problems with their interface and hosting that cause repetitive calls from customers that can easily be fixed. However, they refuse to focus on those issues and instead add other things that cause even more problems. Thirty minute lunches don't give enough time to relax from the stressful environment or even properly eat your food. You have to wait till you obtain Tier II for an hour lunch.

Advice to Management

If you want to keep your employees happy, please pay them a little more. Also, you may want to focus more on employee health as it's a very unhealthy environment. Bonuses for going to the gym? Try and get employees to go for walks on breaks.

Other Employee Reviews for InMotion Hosting

"Wonderful place to work"

Current Employee - CSR-I
    Current Employee - CSR-I

I have been working at InMotion Hosting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment to work in, I actually look forward to going to work everyday. Managers and supervisors always make you feel appreciated. Ample opportunity for advancement and growth

Cons

Sometimes you have to deal with difficult customers but, no cons about the company itself

"Will not comment. Simply said DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME.!"

I worked at InMotion Hosting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Almost none. I have nothing to list unless you get excited by a free lunch once a day. Big deal !!! Maybe if you enjoy walking around in pajamas all the long then you might enjoy the company as well.

Cons

Pay is terrible, healthcare is coverage is expensive and subpar, you can only survive if you kiss someone else's behind. You get hired for one thing but in reality your job will be a joke. NO BONUS NO OVERTIME and only 10 PTO

Advice to Management

Treat employees with dignity. Embrace their values and skill sets. Don't belittle and diminish knowledge and education. Everyone has has degrees not only the owners. You treat people terrible.. and micromanage right and left, yet there are no clear directions.