InTheMO - awesome co-workers, inspiring leaders, beer on tap | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for InTheMO

"awesome co-workers, inspiring leaders, beer on tap"

I worked at InTheMO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

see above, plus pet friendly work environment, stocked kitchen, room to grow professionally. the people here are dedicated. it is a great place to learn and grow.

Cons

pet friendly work environment (a plus at sometimes not at others).

Advice to Management

you've built a great team, reward them!

Other Employee Reviews for InTheMO

1. "This company has been closed for 5 years... it shuttered in 2010"

Former Employee - Senior Dev in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Dev in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at InTheMO (More than 3 years)

Pros

Looking back there where a lot of hard working, dedicated designers, developers, executives and employees. vision was solid, launch was impressive, but way too hard to compete against yelp.

Cons

I've worked in the industry for 20 years and this was a trip. Clearly a first time start-up run by a young team. I had a great time and learned a lot. The CEO and CTO were very passionate and smart people. The operations were a total joke and the team was always fighting an uphill battle. Not sure if there even was a business model, classic web 2.0 failure. Heard they are doing great things now, and its not surprising bc those guys were some resilient mofos.

Advice to Management

Congrats on your current successes and keeping some of your core devs together.

"Just Awful"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at InTheMO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fully stocked kitchen
    Employees are extremely nice
    Good Location

Cons

I debated for a while whether I wanted to review InTheMO simply because I didn't know what to say. But I decided that it would be better for me to write something than nothing. Basically the company is a disaster. Upper Management have no clue what they are doing. They promote open communications and the ability to do whatever you want, but it's not true. As much as I think they really do want to do great things they are trying to do WAY too much and everything gets lost. Unfortunately since the CEO is never there, the former COO now CMO has no background and clearly no understanding of technology all of the responsibilities fell on the CPO (who left and they never replaced) and the CTO.

The CTO seems like a nice enough guy, but plays games with the employees, holds the foreign employees work visas over their heads, and promotes a culture of fear. It simply doesn't work. There are different rules for people working on the tech side and those who don't. There are also different rules for people who are not from America. I don't actually feel like it's fair to blame it all on the CTO though, I think he was duped by the CEO into joining into a company that has promise, but is really a disaster and he's just trying to pull it together somehow. Unfortunately, the CTO doesn't know how to do that and has created a totally negative environment.

Basically, of you are looking to work at InTheMO just don't. It's really not worth it. You'll hate it everyday that you're there and when you leave you'll be embarrassed of your time there and think of it as a stain on your resume.

Advice to Management

Look at your employees. Feel the energy of the office when you're there and realize how miserable everyone is. The free beer, food, and nice office can't make up for the stifling work environment and total disorganization. You're clearly struggling to stay afloat and if you want the company to be successful you need to fix your internal issues before selling products that don't work.