InVision - I Feel Like I'm Part of Something Special! | Glassdoor

"I Feel Like I'm Part of Something Special!"

I have been working at InVision full-time for more than a year

Pros

As a 100% virtual company, InVision is creating the model for a way of working that will be much more the norm in the future. And, while the virtual working model is part of what makes InVision special, it is only part of the whole picture. Like any high-growth, successful start-up we work hard but it really feels like any person who is giving it their best effort is leaving a serious mark on the company and can... say that they are contributing to InVision's success. The work is sometimes messy, but in all the best ways. That's going to appeal to the right people (like me!), and not to others (which is totally fine too!). If you're looking for a workplace where you can check your brain at the door and follow a process some person built for you in 2005, this is not it! If the idea of a work environment so stagnate that anyone would even consider following a process built that long ago makes you cringe, you should check InVision out. We are a work in progress and that is a huge pro! I know I will learn here and grow here.

Cons

Like many start-ups, there are growing pains. Sometimes those things can be a minor irritant, but at least I feel like I can tell someone about it and they will want to make it better and help make sure I'm okay. I have also seen active improvements being made to employee raised issues in the year that I've been here. Our perks and benefits keep getting improved (and they're as good as most great tech employers... already), the people that my team is hiring seem to be better and better every day. There are some people around that are clearly holdovers from the early days, but I think they'll soon work their way out if they can't hang going forward. I had heard about some prior concerns of limited communication from the top and that seems to be being actively addressed. Our last two company all-hands meetings were the best and most informative yet. I'm not sure what prompted the change here, but it really feels like leadership is talking to me in those meetings versus talking at me.

Advice to Management

- Keep making it a safe environment to ask questions - Keep the top down communication happening - Continue to invest in developing the people that are here. Many of us are willing to work our butts off to stay as the performance bar gets higher

InVision2019-02-06

"Great Company to Unleash Your Creativity"

Current Employee - Program Specialist

I have been working at InVision full-time for less than a year

Pros

Extremely collaborative and team-focused environment. Positive culture, that nurtures creativity and self improvement throughout all departments. Flexible work schedule and unlimited PTO provide great life/work balance. Management (even at the highest levels) ensures your voice is heard and provide plenty of opportunity to contribute to the overall success of the company.

Cons

None so far. I had anticipated that working remotely may be a challenge but the infrastructure of the company is set up in such a way where it was a very easy transition from a traditional office culture.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

InVision2019-09-04

"From Hero to Zero"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at InVision full-time for more than a year

Pros

InVision has amazing employees who are individual contributors and front line managers. People are kind, willing to help, and worth investing in. I've met some incredible friends here and will take these relationships with me as I move forward. Remote life can be amazing if you take advantage of it. Decent benefits.

Cons

Leadership. The leadership is scattered with little to no direction. There is also zero diversity in Sr. Leadership and no women at the C level. The marketing team lacks direction, there are no KPIs or attainable goals, and the path to success is unclear for all teams.

Advice to Management

Listen to the individuals who are trying so hard to get their voices heard. There are people here who don't want to make things better. Don't sweep comments about leaders who are biased against women under the rug. They are the reason people are leaving.

InVision2019-09-13

Discover more reviews about InVision.