Indeed - great place to work | Glassdoor

"great place to work"

Former Intern - Sales Intern in San Mateo, CA
Former Intern - Sales Intern in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Indeed as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

the company environment in this awesome is very open and supportive. happy hours, fully stocked kitchen, and regular company outings

Cons

the crm is out of date

Other Employee Reviews for Indeed

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Indeed full-time

Pros

The product is very good. Indeed is getting to be very well know. You also can make a lot of money at Indeed if you make hit your numbers. Indeed also does things like happy hours and team events. There is a lot of food and drinks and you also have one lunch catered a week. Also, I really enjoyed my coworkers.

Cons

No career growth at all. There isn't really a plan to move to the next level. This is one of the reasons that the time span of AE's is pretty fast. You are very micromanaged at Indeed. 60 minimums calls daily grows tiresome and isn't business smart. The CRM is really bad. You spend a lot of time looking for prospects. Indeed has become oversaturated. Indeed is a good experience, but it isn't a company where you will have longevity, especially in the competitive Bay Area job market.

Advice to Management

Have a career path for employees. Also, update the CRM to salesforce. Your engineers should be working on the product, not a subpar CRM. I would also suggest not having such a micromanaged model. 60 calls in the HR industry just isn't that realistic. If you have to have a minimum, I would suggest combining calls and emails for a number.

"Difficult, but doable."

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Indeed full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great People: Both the managers and AE's create a really fun work environment. Most of the directors and the senior director are approachable, knowledgable and interested in the success of their employees. Obviously, I can't say this for everyone in the office, but for the most part, I genuinely enjoy my co-workers, bosses, and support staff.
    -Great Product: Once you get down to the actual selling of the product, it's not that difficult to do. Indeed offers an excellent product, and it makes the job fairly simple.
    -Work/Life Balance: You aren't expected to stay late or come in on weekends. As long as you're working hard while at the office, no one expects you to stay late.
    -Bonuses/Commission: Great bonus structure. You have the opportunity to make a lot of money.

Cons

-Training: The product itself is complicated, not to mention the home-grown CRM. The week-long training in CT is confusing, and for the most part AE's have to re-learn everything when they get to their home offices. Also, the person who conducts the sales trainings has never been in sales.
    -Lead-Gen: There is none. Don't come into the role expecting for leads to be handed to you. Plenty of AE's (myself included) do the job, find leads and hit numbers; it's not impossible by any means. Some say that the market is over-saturated, and while it is definitely difficult to find leads, it's also part of the job description, so I don't necessarily think it's a justifiable complaint.
    -No Room for Growth: I think that this is the primary reason for the turnover. Most of the talented and driven employees leave simply because they are ready for a bigger opportunity, and Indeed doesn't have any available.

Bottom Line: This is a sales job without lead generation. The people are great, the product is awesome, but the job is not for those without a strong work-ethic.

Advice to Management

Ask your employees where they want to be in 2+ years; chances are the answer is not "an Account Executive and Indeed." Look for opportunities to promote or move productive employees into roles if they're not happy in sales.