Infer - Sales | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Sales"

Pros

Great company, great culture and benefits

Cons

Need to expand product and grow with the market

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Wonderful place to work"

I worked at Infer full-time

Pros

The managers and cofounders take an active role in mentorship for newer employees. There's a strong culture of collaboration that allows newer people to learn the company's technology quickly and effectively. The people you work with are fantastic as well. The work life balance was shockingly pushed toward the "life" side of the equation.

Cons

As with many startups, the company suffered from playing things a little fast and loose. There was also a tendency to reinvent the wheel where the company would try to implement it's own version of a technology that existed elsewhere in a well documented, better tested, and more complete form.

Advice to Management

It feels very odd to say this but my main complaint for management was a lack of motivation. I didn't work very hard at Infer and yet the managers were very happy with my work. While this was great, a little more motivation to push myself would have been nice.

"Great culture, super smart team, and very focused on product"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Infer full-time

Pros

- Team has exceptional talent across the board.
    - No ego environment, and the synergy across departments is great.
    - Very product focused. They say no to one-off customizations (sacrificing revenue) unless they can make those features repeatable for many customers.

Cons

- Organization hierarchy is pretty flat especially in certain departments.
    - You learn via osmosis, not through more formal coaching and training programs. It's a startup, so it's natural, but some balance between formal training and on-the-fly learning would be helpful as we grow.

Advice to Management

There are superstars on this team, so find ways to elevate them up the ranks faster. And invest more in formal training programs.

Discover more reviews about Infer.