InfoCision - Felt like a scammer | Glassdoor

"Felt like a scammer"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dayton, OH
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dayton, OH

I worked at InfoCision full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice people, good pay, donations for charity calls mostly positive. Set scripts to read from for each call, fair bonus structure. A good sit-down job.

Cons

Slimy marketing for slimy companies and high-powered sales tactics. If that's your thing - you have a knack for getting the sale, then you should work here. Professional dress code was a bit odd for phone work.

Advice to Management

My advice is to get your stories straight when talking about retention; the differences make for some distrust. Also be more upfront that it's a sales job foremost. Customer service is *not* the same as sales.

Other Employee Reviews for InfoCision

"Don't waste your time and talent on this place"

Former Employee - Senior Applications Developer in Fairlawn, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Applications Developer in Fairlawn, OH

I worked at InfoCision full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good starter IT job out of college. You work with mostly idiots so you will look amazing and be able to move out to a better company with better pay in no time.

Cons

I worked there for several years in IT and I can tell you that it is horrible. Over 35 people quit in the first half of this year and thankfully I was one of them. They were pushing pay freezes and cut out bonuses. The government is starting to regulate these types of places more and more and thank god for that.

This company is very manipulative. They lie to employees and sue anyone that gets in there way. They claim to be a Christian company but the management is anything but. They have a Political Action Committee that they run to try and grease politicians into not regulating telemarketing so heavily. Just before I left they asked us all to contribute to it from our paychecks.

Infocision also has been hit by scandals multiple times and if you lookup "Infocision Bloomberg" you will see what I mean. They treat the telemarketers like crap and have scripts full of lies.

Honestly I would work anywhere else in IT if possible. You won't learn a whole lot of anything and likely you will regret it not too long after starting. I wouldn't be surprised if the recent positive reviews were forced by management after all of us higher level employees resigned and wrote bad reviews.

Advice to Management

Quit and fold up shop. Stop scaring people into give you money for political, religious, and false charity causes. It's about time the government put a stop to this madness.

"THE Most 2 Faced, Unfriendly, Unprofessional, "High School Like If You Are Not In Their CLICK You Are SCREWED""

Current Employee - Work At Home Communicator in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Work At Home Communicator in Akron, OH

I have been working at InfoCision part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Vacation and Holiday Pay is about it, to be honest with you. The bonus used to be a LOT better than it is now.

Cons

Everything Else. You name it. Calls come extremely too fast. Mgmt. treats you like you are garbage and like you know nothing. Come on people we have probably been there longer than you have been alive.. Grow up and give us some respect, you want it, earn it. We are not stupid. Quit trying to do everything you can do to be little us and try to fire us and try to work with us. I thought we were all here to work together towards one goal. My God act like it instead of acting like you are all that matters instead of just a bunch of spoiled snot nosed kids. We need our jobs and we do a good job at what we do, Please help us when we ask for help instead of ignoring us or trying to make our performance and productivity worse by giving us bad camps. Give us help when we ask for it.

Advice to Management

Listen to us when we are trying to tell you something, don't just shrug us off. We know what we are talking about more than you know.