InfoCision - Not a bad experience, just not for me. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for InfoCision

"Not a bad experience, just not for me."

Former Employee - Account Representative in Akron, OH
Former Employee - Account Representative in Akron, OH

I worked at InfoCision full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, treat employees well.

Cons

Top heavy, some higher ups seem shady.

Other Employee Reviews for InfoCision

"High stress, low pay"

Current Employee - Communicator in Austintown, OH
    Current Employee - Communicator in Austintown, OH

I have been working at InfoCision full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy to flex my schedule. I can miss hours and make them up later in the week. I can choose to work daytimes or evenings. I can choose part time or full time. I switched to nights so that I can use my daytime to look for different employment. This is job would be great for someone whose spouse is the primary bread winner and is just wanting to earn additional family income and still have time for kids and house chores etc. Best also if you are positive and cheerful by nature.

Cons

The calls are sometimes rewarding, but mostly repetitious and boring and almost non-stop. It was a huge adjustment for me to learn to sit in the same chair for hours at a time and say the same thing over and over and over for call after call. There is a high employee turn over rate. They are constantly hiring and training new meat for the grinder. It is more bearable if I can work part time. About four hours a day is about all I can take. Unless you are very gifted at this and earn lots of bonuses, this is not a livable wage.

Advice to Management

If you paid a bit more perhaps you could retain more of the people who actually have a talent for this kind of work. But I guess your business model assumes that it is cheaper to keep training and losing the mules who actually do the hard work that earns money for the company.

"It's not called "InfoPrison" for nothing"

Current Employee - Phone Slave in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Phone Slave in Akron, OH

I have been working at InfoCision full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You will earn an almost-livable wage, provided shooting for the poverty line was your goal. Paid holidays, Paid Time Off, etc. On-site fitness center, doctor available. Flexible scheduling. Umm, ample parking? Think that's it.

Cons

InfoCision, at least as far as VR ('Volunteer Recruitment', the branch of the company that deals with InfoCision's Non-profit clients like American Heart Assoc., American Lung Assoc., etc.) insists on clinging to a failing business model and from the bottom looking up, has no plans to change it despite the writing on the wall. As a result you'll be calling the same group of people repeatedly, who have already declined to participate. practically begging them to commit to something they tell you doesn't work (mailing letters requesting donations from neighbors or friends/family). Why does InfoCision insist on pushing campaigns that everyone knows won't generate any funds for the non-profit? Google "Infocision Bloomberg" for the answer. Also, god help you if you're a liberal or a non-christian working for this place; you will be required to leave your conscience and beliefs at the door upon clocking in, and start shilling for the NRA, pro-life organizations, and sleazy televangelists...NOT what I signed up for.

Advice to Management

Figure out something for the future, and look beyond your own petty clique and recognize talent when it's time for promotions/advancement. You have a LOT of people just waiting for an opportunity to jump ship.