InfoMC, Inc - Excellent Potential...Missed Opportunities, though! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for InfoMC, Inc

"Excellent Potential...Missed Opportunities, though!"

Current Employee - Developer in West Conshohocken, PA
Current Employee - Developer in West Conshohocken, PA

Pros

This is a great company to work for in terms of work/life balance. The management is very reasonable and understanding with regard to family life. Also, this is a highly specialized industry niche and the potential ofr growth is definitely there.

Cons

Unfortunately, upper management is definitely NOT prepared in terms of professionalism, scope, and focus. There are many that value their own opinions and are not ready to listen to other professional advice, ideas, or suggestions. They bank on the company's Good Will established years ago...but have not capitalized on it progressively. The corporate culture is very archaic and it is almost impossible to move forward.

Advice to Management

If you hire professionals, then, listen to them. If you are working with consultaints that are suggesting direction, listen to them! Don't dismiss ideas, suggestions, or other people's experience because they don't necessarily line up with your own views.

Other Employee Reviews for InfoMC, Inc

"InfoMC is not for everyone"

Former Employee - Product & Ops
    Former Employee - Product & Ops

I worked at InfoMC, Inc full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It is difficult to imagine another company having a more talented, dedicated staff than at InfoMC. It may be a small company but the teams are competent and effective. With rare and short-lived exception, folks there are experts at their jobs and the work ethic and collaboration is unmatched. The depth and breadth of the knowledge in their market can't be overstated.
    InfoMC is a fun place to work... if you like a fast-paced, entrepreneurial atmosphere, if you're a self-starter, and if you enjoy working with smart, funny, caring people. The work is demanding but rewarding. Every day is different.
    One "pro" is lazy people don't stay long. In a place where everyone is the cream of the crop, if you're not contributing, you stick out like a sore thumb.
    I believe the company really wants to improve healthcare delivery through their products and their clients' successes. There are often group discussions about what more InfoMC could do to help their clients.
    I loved my time at InfoMC and wouldn't trade it for the world.

Cons

InfoMC is not for everyone. If you're not on your A game, you will have a hard time there. You need to be able to pick things up very quickly and deal with constant change. This isn't an environment for people who want to relax and ease through their day.
    They struggle with their culture. I think they confuse a supportive professional culture with socializing. They miss the mark by trying to "improve morale" with free lunches and other perks like having 2-3 hour "happy events" that burden deadlines by taking away critical resources during the day.
    They want to be a company that provides a great work-life balance but they still have a very old-fashioned mindset that can't quite embrace the remote working concept.
    There were some management ego issues that I saw but most were weeded out. I saw some good plans before I left.
    They only dipped their big toes in agile. Their development teams are as close to agile as they can get given the rest of the organization still operates like traditional SDLC. The way they handle all non-development challenges is out of date and is not agile.
    There are some employees who take on the majority of the work for the team. Teams need time to learn how to distribute the work evenly.
    When I was there, some were limping along with old equipment/software.

Advice to Management

Ignore the shiny objects. Stay focused only on what is planned.
    Strive to be an agile organization, not just develop that way. When a problem arises, - ask the team... not just the one person "in charge" of the team. No more archaic ego-stroking top-down management style.
    Stop thinking everyone needs to come into an office. If you hire the right people, it won't matter where in the world they are.
    Institute a reward program that is based on peer recognition instead of squeaky wheels or those who make themselves known to management. Folks in the trenches know exactly who does excellent work and who is difficult to work with. Management doesn't always see this.

And of course, the one that is in every review: LISTEN. your employees aren't out for "more for them." Trust that they want to work for a growing, successful company and they have lots of ideas to improve it. Tap into the talent of your teams. You have acres of diamonds in that field of yours. Your best ideas will come from within, not from an outsider. promise. :)

2. "I am glad I am not there anymore"

I worked at InfoMC, Inc full-time

Pros

No direction, no real management. Owned by Farook aka jay jay. Give me a break.

Cons

So they have free lunch on Wed.