Informa - Good benefits | Glassdoor

"Good benefits"

Pros

Good benefits, laid back, casual dress.

Cons

Management, politics, holiday time off,

Other Employee Reviews for Informa

"Over ten years working conditions worsened, morale dropped as the company shrunkits operations"

Former Employee - Journalist in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Journalist in London, England (UK)

Pros

The salaries are generally above average for trade journalists, especially the more senior ones, and there is a considerable effor onthe part of HR for the company to fulfil its CSR requirements.

Cons

Relentless cost-cutting has made Informa a bad place to work as a reporter. Management clearly has no interest in publishing other than a way of making money, which it does by squeezing what few drops remain from legacy products. It porfesses to value editorial excellence, but at no time did I ever see any evidence to support this. There is no investment back into the business, all the profit is milked for shareholders and management bonuses and there is no clear strategy for dealing with the challenge of the internet. all of its growth has come from acqusitions that have been funded by debt and it is difficult to see how it can progress.

Advice to Management

Take some interest in the markets that its publications cover. The expectations of management need to be more closely aligned with reality.

"Doesn't live up to management BS"

Current Employee - Reporter/Journalist in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Reporter/Journalist in London, England (UK)

Pros

My pair is good, although I think more recent recruits are not so well rewarded. Other than that, there are frighteningly few positives about the place these days.

Cons

The place is bureaucratic beyond belief. The simplest requests or ideas can take months to go through, if they do not simply get lost. Penny pinching and cost cutting run the day, even to the detriment of the product. All the time we are being told that we are in competition with the big name media outfits, but we are expected to churn out stories on a fraction of their resources.

Advice to Management

Invest in content or we will get whalloped by our rivals.