Informa - A nice rung on the ladder | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Informa

"A nice rung on the ladder"

Current Employee - Research Analyst in London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Research Analyst in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Informa full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good range of benefits, including pension, gym membership, and charity days.

Cons

To get paid more at this company, you need to leave and then come back.

Other Employee Reviews for Informa

"Too big to see what's coming around the corner"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Informa full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The security of a big employer

Cons

The mentality of a big company that fails to expand and take advantage of new opportunities especially in the markets that it operates in where relationship building is all too key. They want quick results in a way which offends the sensibilities of the companies you are selling to!

"Stay far, far away"

I have been working at Informa (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits, good work-life balance (as long as you take it), a lot of nice people despite the bad company and environment, open to telecommuting.

Quite frankly, it's also quite easy to fly below the radar and get by without doing much real work. I haven't tried it myself yet, but have seen enough others do it that I'm starting to consider it.

Cons

This company constantly reorganizes and buys new companies and sells parts of itself I think only to justify the managers shuffling the pieces around. There are far too many layers of management--it seems people get promoted until they are no longer actually responsible for doing anything tangible. While they spend hour after hour in pointless meetings, the people actually responsible for doing things are told to turn left, then turn right 3 months later, then turn left again 3 months after that even after they point out that they've gone down that road before. And, when it's all said and done, the competition has lapped us, the products have suffered, and the good people that are left are too disenchanted to give their best any longer.

Needless to say, there's been a lot of turnover in the last 2 years.

Advice to Management

Get rid of any management who is telling you their plan is "strategic" or will help "efficiency"--they either don't know what they're talking about or are looking to make a cut that will hurt them 3 months down the road. Minimize bureaucracy and actually empower the people who know their products and business best to run with them.