Informatica - Happiest work places in the bay area | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Informatica

"Happiest work places in the bay area"

Former Employee - Director of Product Management in Redwood City, CA
Former Employee - Director of Product Management in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Informatica full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great bunch of people. Great culture. Loyal customers. You will make life long friends and enjoy going to work.

Cons

Not many. Some of the execs lack vision but that's universal at all large companies. The compensation may not be competitive but its worth the quality of life.

Advice to Management

Lots of sharp shooters in the lower ranks. Shake up the structure and give the new kids a chance

Jul 24, 2013 – Vice President International Human Resources

Thanks so much for taking time to post this review and I'm glad to hear that you had such a positive time with the company!

Other Employee Reviews for Informatica

1. "Great potential, some maturation still necessary"

Current Employee - Senior Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Informatica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Huge potential for Informatica in the years to come. They have technology that most companies are just learning that they need to remain competitive in their respective industries. Compensation target is appealing.

Cons

Sales teams not aligned effectively. Compensation target not very realistic as the current compensation plan has many flaws

Advice to Management

For Informatica to get to the next level, they must align their sales people appropriately so that they are all pulling in the same direction. They must set up the sales folks in a way for the inside and field together work more as one team, not as separate (sometimes conflicting) units.

Jul 24, 2013 – Vice President International Human Resources

Thanks for taking the time to post this review. I'm glad that, like me, you are optimistic about our future. I will pass your feedback onto my colleagues in the Reward team as they think about ... More

2. "Informatica Consultant"

Former Employee - Informatica Consultant in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Informatica Consultant in McLean, VA

I worked at Informatica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Training, good benefits, some working from home depending on clients, decent pay, sometimes flexibility with travel.

Cons

Difficult to prove yourself for promotion. Sometimes too much travel. Difficult to move off of a long term project you don't like so you just kinda get stuck there.

Advice to Management

Get direct management to run the performance reviews of relevant employees. Doesn't help when your reviewer is 3 levels higher than you.

Jun 7, 2013 – Vice President International Human Resources

Thanks for your review. We are glad you seemed to enjoy your time with Informatica and, like us, are optimistic about our future. We do normally expect direct managers to undertake performance ... More